Customer Care Specialist – DE/EN
CareerFoundry is building the number one online destination for career changers, and we’re looking for customer care and administration specialists with a great attention to detail to help us provide life-changing outcomes for our students. Our worldwide, online community of students take UX and UI Design and Web Development courses with us to get started in a new career in tech, while we support them from our Berlin HQ.
We’re looking for experienced customer service, customer care or administrative specialists to transition into AfA Student Advisors – working with the requirements of the AfA in assessing students’ eligibility and suitability for our delivery model, enrolling students with both a high level of accuracy whilst making processing as smooth and efficient for students as possible, and working with other internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues as they arise during the student’s candidature. The role requires a high attention to detail, the ability to grasp how various systems and processes interact, and most importantly, empathy for students embarking on a challenging but ultimately life-changing educational experience. In return, we offer candidates a position on a friendly and lively team, in a diverse company that’s deeply committed to education and student outcome, as well as the opportunity to grow and develop professionally, and to help shape the future service offerings for AfA students.
This is a full-time position with no shift work required. For this position, attendance in our Berlin-based office will be necessary for part of the week (especially during onboarding), with the rest of the week working from home.
Mission as a Customer Care Specialist / AfA Student Advisor:
Facilitate and process student enrolments to our AfA-compatible courses, adhering to a high level of quality and accuracy, whilst providing a friendly and welcoming environment to students joining CF. During the course, support students in understanding how they can meet their study goals whilst adhering to AfA regulations.
1 – Guide prospective students through CF’s admissions and enrolment processes
- Ensure all steps occur in the correct order and processes fire at the right times
- Ensure students are correctly enrolled and all paperwork is completed to a very high level of accuracy
- Produce high-quality, engaging communication either in response to student queries, or proactively to keep students informed and engaged throughout the enrolment process
- Make suggestions for incremental improvements to these processes, with a focus on student experience
2 – Provide reliable, quick, and high-quality customer support to grow retention and completion rates
- Respond to student enquiries via various channels, including email and phone
- Meet our Service Level Agreements and improve first response resolution rate where possible
- Demonstrate empathy for the students and help them stay engaged in their online learning experience with CF
- Create templates for responding to repeated requests or situations to improve team efficiency
- Identify repeat issues and escalate where appropriate
3 – Plan and execute initiatives to improve the student experience
- In consultation with Team Lead, move relevant customer experience and success metrics by planning data-led projects focusing on various areas of the student experience (e.g. course progress, engagement, community, motivation etc)
- Contribute to cross-team projects involving other subject matter experts, representing the AfA Team’s body of knowledge
- Native-level English and German, written, spoken and aural – this requirement is non-negotiable given our service delivery model (our courses are in English, and communication with our AfA stakeholders must be in German. The students you will interact with may speak either English or German).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business
- Proven high level of attention to detail and accuracy in data entry tasks
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and teams to complete daily operational tasks
- Ability to work well in a team, and ready to jump in and help others where needed
- Experience working in or familiarity with education or online education
- Experience with the Agentur für Arbeit service offerings
- Experience with German bureaucratic and regulatory bodies, such as DAkkS or TÜV Süd
- CRM experience considered a big plus
How to Apply:
Please write a letter of intent addressing the following:
- What challenges do you think face students coming to a course funded by the Agentur für Arbeit? What can an educational provider do to help support students through those challenges?
- Is there anything in your background or skills which you think would make you a success in this role?
Please submit your resume/CV, along with your letter of intent, via the “Apply for this role” button at our website.