Head of Data (f/m/div) for a new finleap venture // FinLeap
For you it’s a leap in your career, with us it’s the future of finance.
We’re finleap, a Fintech company builder based in Berlin and active in more than ten countries. Along with our passionate co-founders, we launch several startups per year. Our environment is diverse, exciting, fast-paced and changing every day. We’re now looking for a Head of Data (f/m/div) to join our team on the company builder level.
With new venture team is building a product-driven company that enables today’s digital consumers to navigate the often complicated world of banking and insurance products, and puts them in charge of their own financial health and wellbeing. We do this by dramatically simplifying processes, providing data-driven recommendations and insights, and giving a complete picture using a streamlined, modern digital product.
What will keep you challenged?
- You will be responsible for building, launching and maintaining one of Finleap’s new ventures’ data architecture and infrastructure
- In order to ensure a flawless data availability for different systems, you take ownership for collection and storing of data, making it available for other teams e.g. for marketing analysis, product analysis etc.
- As an enabler for all other teams it will be your task to help them understand our data structure, how to access it and pave the way to becoming a data-driven company
- Within the next year, you will build your own team to scale alongside the new venture and continuously evolving requirements while leading the data scientists and data engineers.
What will make you succeed?
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Data Science, BI, Data Architecture or similar for a digital company where you gathered experience in data design and working with a data warehouse
- A strong analytical acumen combined with in-depth tool knowledge that sets you apart from the crowd and makes you a topic leader
- The ambition to grow a whole department around data from scratch. First leadership experience would be of immense help here.
- You are a natural when it comes to looking behind the numbers, data models.
- In your work, you combine your number-driven mindset with innovative problem-solving skills as well as creativity.
- Discover new opportunities for the acquisition of useful data
- You are a structured self-starter who keeps the big picture in mind while also enjoying the nitty-gritty stuff.
- The following list of tools and hard skills doesn’t scare you but sounds like music in your ears:
- Python (proficient) – or other ETL tools
- Streaming Data systems like Spark, Flink, or the likes
- Tracking tools that span from covering product usage, financial or insurance data, advertising and website analytics
- Data analysis with data visualization tools like QlickView and Tableau or self-implemented Visualizations like D3.js
- SQL, NoSQL and Excel are your best friends
- English on at least a C1 level
Why new finleap venture?
- Being part of the early stage team in a new startup within finleap, you’ll have the opportunity to see some of the most exciting Fintech and Insurtech start-up’s evolving and support the further growth of Europe’s largest fintech group
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you’ll be working across multiple organizations with a diverse workforce of 60+ nationalities
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You’ll be joining a friendly supportive finleap team
- Think we can do better? We’re all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed – we’re in the business of disruption!