Medical Operations Coordinator (m/f/d) – Medical Assessment and Claims Evaluation
Medigo is a third party administration (TPA) service provider based in Berlin. Our mission is to provide global access to quality healthcare. We help organisations navigate global healthcare thanks to our curated provider network, proprietary claims software, and experienced claims team that provide a consistently positive user experience to our partners and policyholders.
Medigo is supported by leading VCs such as Accel Partners and Atlantic Labs, and employs a driven, international team of 30+ people. Medigo’s initial product was a popular medical travel platform that enabled over 200,000 self-paying patients to arrange treatment at high-quality hospitals across the globe.
We are looking for multiple Medical Operations Coordinator (m/f/d) – Medical Assessment and Claims Evaluation to support our medical assessment and claims management.
The position is available at the earliest possible date, is offered in full-time and located in Berlin. Please note that we cannot support a visa application for this role.
Our application process is currently completely online and we use video calls for all interviews.
- Provide thorough medical assessments on healthcare insurance claims (pre-existing condition checks, R&C analysis)
- Create and implement guidelines for cost-saving and cost containment best practises
- Scrutinise medical invoices to identify mistakes and potential savings
- Contact medical providers during and after admission to inquire about the patient’s status and avoiding unnecessary lengthy admissions
- Support our claims management team with the delivery of Second Medical Opinions
- You have medical expertise through your studies, e.g. medicine, pharmacy or dentistry, apprenticeship or practical work in a medical facility (hospital, clinic, pharmacy or private practice)
- Ideally, you have previous experience in medical service processing / medical service management with a public or private health insurance company or a Third Party Administrator (TPA)
- You always communicate professionally in word and writing
- You are very conscientious in your work and make sure that all details of your entries are correct
- You speak and write English and German on a professional level
- You are a good team player and are keen to work in an international context
- A thorough on-the-job training, the possibility to take over responsibility and plenty of room for creativity in a varied range of tasks
- Apply your skills within an ambitious, professional, and supportive team, in a company where professional growth is encouraged
- A modern, light and spacious office loft (with a 100m2 rooftop terrace!) in Berlin-Mitte with lots of parks and nice cafés nearby
- Join us for knowledge-sharing workshops, sports activities, and regular team events