Merchant Success Manager (German Speaking) – Berlin or Remote-Germany
About the Role:
Sezzle is committed to building lasting partnerships with merchants for long-term growth and ongoing revenue generation. As an Associate Merchant Success Manager, you will work with developing our presence in Europe, driving usage of the Sezzle platform and, afterwards, increasing adoption, consumer satisfaction, and growth. The Merchant Success position is a high-profile, customer-facing role requiring outstanding relationship management and program management skills to not only acquire new customers but also guide merchants successfully from deployment to operationalization. The hybrid nature of this position is a great opportunity to make a lasting impact on Sezzle’s EU operations but also to grow with the role and familiarize yourself with a few areas of business at the same time (Merchant Success, Customer Experience, Operations and Sales).
Our Company: Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the hundreds of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
- Manage an onboarding pipeline of merchant accounts to foster strategic, long-term business relationships
- Deliver a proactive customer contact strategy to drive merchant usage, satisfaction, and revenue growth
- Promote marketing best practices and optimization strategies with our merchant partners
- Monitor customer health to track usage and overall customer satisfaction
- Provide clear, prompt, detailed, empathetic, and customer-oriented support to our customers
- Assist customers to resolve basic to complex inquiries via email, live chat, and phone call
- Coordinate product demonstrations between Business Development Executives and prospective merchants
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with customer-facing experience in a high-tech environment
- 2+ years of experience in a customer success or similar type role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both in German and in English
- Growth-minded and looking to turn challenges into opportunities
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- People-person who derives energy from meeting with others
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects with high attention to detail
- Knowledge of marketing technologies, SaaS, and e-commerce preferred
- Experience with payments or consumer financing is a plus
- Experience using social media for business is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Pardot, and/or SalesLoft is a plus
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator with strong attention to detail.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous stock options
- Collaborative workspace headquartered in Berlin, Germany
- The opportunity to join the founding team for Europe of a fast-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome? At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission.
Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle does not discriminate against employment candidates on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (the “Protected Characteristics”)