Office Manager (m/f/d)
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and data of individuals—and to empower developers to create better services through decentralized tech. Parity’s technologies include Substrate, a flexible framework for building blockchains and Polkadot, a protocol for connecting and securing blockchains.
As an Office Manager, you will manage the different floors of our office and the apartment company to a high standard, as well as be the first point of contact for any external requests from our suppliers.
The ideal candidate should be a dedicated and well-organised, energetic professional who is ready to take on a new challenge. You will be part of the Operations team and your duties will include but are not limited to:
- General management and maintenance (including arranging any necessary repairs) of our 3 office floors and company apartment
- Overall front office activities including general support to visitors and employees, handling in- and outbound mail, purchasing/invoicing and facilities management, including cleaning and security services
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Liaise with People Operations to create an office atmosphere that fits our company culture and assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Collaborate with Operations team members on suitable office procedures and policies
- Assist in planning in-house or off-site activities, such as parties, celebrations and conferences
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience or worked in similar field
- Excellent time management (ability to multitask and prioritise work) and creative problem solving skills to suggest improvements
- Very strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, hands-on and resilient self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with German and English language skills on near-native level
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures, including accounting and Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Spreadsheets)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Experience with project management tools like Trello, Asana or Notion
- Interest in or even experience with blockchain or open-source software
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal
- You will gain a keen understanding of blockchain technology and business development and have a skill set transferable to a wide range of jobs
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.
Please note: We do not offer relocation assistance for this position!