Process Engineer (m/f/d)
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are:
- You’re excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. The Process Engineering team contributes to that mission by growing a worldwide network of engaged Infarmers (employees, partners, citizens, influencers) who want to enjoy the goodness of super fresh produce while growing a new food system together.
As an Process Engineer at Infarm you will support and optimize the development of our plant production operations. You will work closely with our R&D, Operations & Architecture teams in order to develop and document scalable production processes for infarm’s vertical urban farming network. You will document these processes to develop user manuals used by our Academy and shared over our global operations worldwide.
- Design & develop efficient automated workflows for our large scale hub farming operations
- Process Workflow FMEA
- Design line layouts & workstations to achieve maximum space & operational efficiency
- Set up ergonomic standards
- Run trial procedure on equipment to validate performance and make supplier selection
- Collaborate with Operations teams to ensure labour requirements for new processes hit labour cost targets in practice
- Create documentation of working practices and maintenance processes on new equipment that can be trained out globally
- Collaborate and follow up on workflow training and implementation with our Academy team
- Min 3+ years of experience with Bachelors/Masters degree in Manufacturing, Production, Industrial Engineering or similar
- Min 3+ years of experience in relevant industry: ideally Food industry (processing, preparation, packing etc) or Agricultural (Greenhouse), but at minimum an automated factory environment
- Practical knowledge of performing time studies and workflow development
- Experience of the design, implementation and commissioning of automated manufacturing processes desired
- Should optimally be able to present to us a successful past case study document, laying down an operation process that was optimized, challenges faced, solution adopted, and general efficiency gained.
- Fluent work communication, proficiency in English and German is a must.
- Google suite (sheet/slide/doc/drive)
- Experience in using parametric 3D modelling software ie. SolidWorks
- Food industry (Processing, preparation, packing…)
- Agricultural industry (Greenhouse)
- Semi automated factory environment
What We Offer:
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s Also In For You:
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.