Back in late 2017, our founding team launched a cryptocurrency exchange called Coinance. After three months of operations and acquiring over 10,000 first signups, Coinance was pulled from the AppStore for not properly identifying its users in compliance with KYC (know your customer) regulations. During the search for a lean and solution, the founders became convinced that there was a large opportunity to build an identity verification tool that was easy for engineering teams to integrate and empowered end-users with privacy and security. Fast-forward three years, and the team has raised $18m in venture financing and is servicing several hundred customers building products on top of our identity system. We grew 4x last year and are now looking to bring in an experienced CX leader to scale our team and processes!
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our growing global team. Our HQ offices are located in New York and Berlin, but if you operate between CET & ET timezones, this role can be fully remote (with some occasional travel).
As one of the first pre and post-Sales Engineers in our team, you will be part of a dynamic customer experience team. You will be responsible for technical onboarding, integration, and expansion. You will be addressing our clients’ needs by leveraging your technical skills and product knowledge providing an efficient onboarding/integration experience. As part of your day-to-day, you will develop relationships with small, mid-size, and enterprise companies in industries such as cryptocurrency, DeFi, neobanking, fintech, and more.
What you’ll be doing:
- Present complex technical solutions in a clear manner to both technical and business audiences
- Work with customer success managers, meet with clients and deliver technical insights for business questions regarding the process
- Define and execute the end-to-end implementation of Passbase’s technology into the mobile applications & tech stacks of startups & global enterprises
- Provide technical mentoring to team members
- Leverage your understanding of mobile and web technology to help customers execute their desired use cases & discover new customer use cases
- Interact with customers over video calls, and via email/Slack to answer technical questions and help them implement Passbase
- Investigate and troubleshoot implementation issues and bugs
- Collaborate with Passbase’s sales management, product, and engineering teams to build & grow the Passbase platform
Background/experience you should have:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in a technical customer-facing role (i.e., Solutions Engineer, Sales Engineer, Technical Account Manager)
- Experience with iOS and/or Android (building apps with Java/Kotlin/Swift/React Native, working with 3rd party SDKs, etc)
- Experience with Web Development with e.g. React, Vue, Node.js, Ruby on Rails etc.
- Problem-solving skills around technical, product, and business questions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, clients & deliverables running in parallel timelines
- Ability to understand & communicate details behind technical systems e.g. API
- Experience working on the backend or building an API
- Experience using analytics platforms like Google Analytics or Hubspot
- Experience using productivity tools like JIRA, Chrome Developer Tools, Command Line Interface, etc.
Benefits & Perks
- A chance to work on one of the most exciting problems of the 21st century
- A diverse international team backed by leading VC’s
- 1k/year wellness budget
- A competitive salary & all the major benefits you’d expect (hardware of your choice, trainings, etc.)
- Regular team events
- Flexible schedule & WFH opportunities
- For US-based candidates – 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision
Our challenges are vast; we are creative, resourceful, and carry a solutions-oriented mentality to tackle them head-on. That means that we divide problems, not tasks, and emphasize autonomy in the approach. We strive towards a common goal and are all responsible for getting there. From accounting to design, we help each other achieve the best possible results by radical transparency and constant learning. We believe each one of us is a leader at this company and treat our peers accordingly. As an early-stage startup, Passbase is also establishing itself as a company of diversity and inclusivity leading with empathy – where anyone from any background can be successful.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this feels like an environment you could see yourself in, we encourage you to apply and look forward to finding out more about you!