Senior Manager – HR, Operations and Finance // xbird
xbird is a medical AI company developing ways to use smartphones and wearable devices to predict and prevent health risks.
Our technology process signals from sensors in smartphones and wearables and translates them into activities and behavioural patterns. With this information, we are able to support the patients in their therapy, giving them the right information at the right time. Ultimately we help patients follow their doctor’s advice – helping them to get well again, faster.
We are an early-stage startup with ~15 employees located in Kreuzberg, Berlin. To further support our growth, we are looking for a Senior Manager who will own the HR, Operational and Finance topics at xbird. You will be supported by a small team and be reporting to the COO. Your ultimate goal will be to ensure that all business units are supported effectively during the growth we expect in the coming years.
At our current size, this is a part-time position. We also welcome candidates looking for fulltime positions and will discuss possible additional responsibilities during the application process.
- You lead the HR function at xbird. Together with our office manager, you are responsible for managing work contracts, salary payments, onboarding, offboarding and any other HR topics as they occur.
- The company exists only because of our awesome team. Finding great people is your job – you own the recruiting process at xbird, finding the best candidates to grow our team while ensuring a great candidate experience. As needed, you search and interview candidates yourself.
- You work with and supervise our office manager to ensure a smooth office environment with everything taken care off. This includes managing office equipment, invoices, and incoming mail.
- You have an x-ray vision of our company as you become responsible for the budget and financial planning of the company, including the administration of research grants.
- You are responsible for introducing lean processes and tools that enable xbird to work effectively as we grow the organization.
- You ensure that we adhere to security policies necessary for operating in the healthcare domain. For this, you take on the role of the Information Security Officer at xbird per the ISO27001 standard (we will provide training as necessary).
Who are we looking for?
- You have 3-10 years of experience in one or more areas of: HR, Accounting, Project Management or Consulting.
- You have 2+ years of experience in supervising team members.
- You have a business education with an understanding of accounting and financial planning.
- You are familiar with German HR law (Arbeitsrecht) or can quickly fill any remaining gaps as needed.
- You are a native German or feel like it. You know how to deal with German bureaucracies & officials.
- You have very good English communication skills.
- You are a digital native (e.g. fluent in Excel).
- You are an extremely organized, reliable and detail-oriented person. You are very comfortable juggling many different projects at the same time. You are self-sufficient and a fast learner, quickly finding your way into new topics such as the ISO 27001 standard.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment.
Why join us?
- You will become part of a highly professional, motivated and international team.
- You will have a competitive salary with equity options.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to a great mission.
- You will get invaluable insights into the digital health industry.
We offer you to get in on the ground level of one of Berlin’s most exciting companies with a management team that has already built and successfully exited numerous ventures. We have flat hierarchies and a no-bullshit atmosphere. We work on things that matter. Join our journey!
For any questions, you can also contact us anytime at [email protected]
Data privacy notice