Vice President Purchasing (m/f/d)
The Berlin-based vertical commerce company Berlin Brands Group, founded as Chal-Tec GmbH in 2005 by Peter Chaljawski, has been successfully producing and selling products for consumers in the area of home & living, consumer electronics, sound & light and sports since 2005 and is one of Germany’s top-selling digital companies. The largest and best-known brands are Klarstein for household appliances, auna for audio equipment and Capital Sports for home fitness.
The Berlin Brands Group combines the entire value chain: from product development, conception and design to production, marketing and customer service. From its headquarters in Berlin, the vertical commerce company manages the brand development and multi-channel distribution of more than 2,500 products for consumers in 24 countries worldwide. More than 700 employees currently work at the six locations in Berlin (headquarters), Kamp-Lintfort (logistics centre), Bratislava, Istanbul, Hong Kong and San Francisco.
In order to continue to grow so successfully and dynamically, we are always looking for motivated colleagues like you to join us in shaping the DNA of the Berlin Brands Group.
- You are in charge of the functional and disciplinary management and development of our purchasing team, with particular focus on operational purchasing and supplier management on a global level.
- You, together with your team, control and optimize the global purchasing and supply processes in close coordination with our team in Hongkong.
- You are responsible for the conception as well as the implementation of process standardization and process automation, especially with focus on the implemention of SAP in 2020.
- You work on the development of our procurement risk management.
- You’re continuously enhancing the efficiency of purchasing and identify potential ways of cost savings.
- You strive to reach targets in the area of working capital and stock management, with particular focus on DIO, inventory turnover and OOS quota.
- You, in coordination with the product and sales management teams, refine category specific KPI’s and control those on a company-wide level.
- You’re optimizing the procurement budget by continuously developing and adapting strategies and projects in collaboration with our sales, product management and logistics teams.
- You implement processes to control the quality and delivery reliability of our suppliers and work on holistically enhancing our relationship with the suppliers.
- You have finished your degree with focus on economics, purchasing or general management.
- You have deep knowledge on data-driven purchasing processes, both operational and in a systematical context of ERP solutions.
- You’re striving to perfect operational purchasing and supply management processes. ‚Retail is detail‘ is a motto you live by.
- You’re driven in automation and the reduction of repetitive manual processes.
- You have been working in a managing position in a similar context, ideally in a very seasonal environment with short time peaks and preferrably within an e-commerce or trading company.
- You have gained crucial experience in leading employees and tasks.
- Your analytical skills are exceptional, you‘re number-driven and you can work independently as well as results-oriented.
- You’re great at organizing yourself, you’re dynamic and know how to satisfy stakeholder’s interest and always aim for obtaining the best results.
- Your profile is completed by fluent German and English skills.
- Challenging tasks in a top management team consisting of experienced and successful entrepreneurs.
- High level of of responsibility and codetermination of the company’s strategy and targets.
- A leading position in an exciting and economically sustainable and growing e-commerce company.
- International teams full of motivated and qualified coworkers.
- Flexbile working hours and a fully equipped workplace in a modern loft office in the heart of Berlin (Spittelmarkt).
- Company benefits such as public transport ticket grant, 30% discount on products from our own shop and employer’s contribution to the company pension plan.
- Daily fresh fruits and vegetables as well as drinks and various health offers (physiotherapy, yoga and back training courses).
- Opportunities for professional development, language courses as well as team training and coaching.
JOIN THE GANG
Become a member of one of Europe’s leading ecommerce companies. Click the following button to fill out our online application. We are looking forward to your application!
Berlin Brands Group