Business Development Intern // MedBelle
My name is Nicole Kovach and I work on the innovation team here at Medbelle, where it is our mission to build the first digital hospital.
First of all, let me tell you what Medbelle is all about.
As you know, the healthcare system as we know it can often be inefficient, disorganised and overstretched. Its complicated administrative processes contribute largely to its struggle to keep up with rapidly advancing technology, resulting in bad experiences for both patients and healthcare professionals alike.
As the first digital hospital, we are rebuilding the healthcare experience from scratch. This is what allows us to provide patients with an outstanding level of care that we would love to experience ourselves.
Backed by renowned international investors, we are helping an ever-growing number of patients receive the highest quality of medical procedures the UK has to offer. To help us maintain this level of care, we need to expand our innovation team with highly motivated and passionate people who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
As part of the innovation team, you will contribute to the development of its two main projects: Medbelle OS – a standalone business model we are piloting that applies Medbelle’s technology to help surgeons run their practice more effectively; and new verticals, which will expand the type of medical procedures Medbelle offers its patients.
During your 3-month internship, you will be responsible for:
- Handling the day-to-day operations of our pilot program, including
- Speaking to patients, answering queries, and organising appointments
- Liaising with hospital personnel and other third parties as required for the patient’s care
- Maintaining accurate patient records, including preparing and filing the necessary post-appointment paperwork
- Ensuring the surgeon’s clinic and theatre lists are accurate and that he has all the information he needs to run a smooth clinic
- Filing claims with insurance providers and invoicing patients
- Thinking critically about ways the process can be streamlined and improved for future iterations
- Researching new medical treatment areas
- Providing ad-hoc support to get new areas set up and offerable to patients (may include data input, email campaigns to attract new business, and other miscellaneous tasks)
- Native English speaker
- Business or similar education background, with an interest in operations and startups
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Poised and professional phone and email tone – you will be speaking with patients and top-level hospital personnel
- Quick learner
- Can manage rapid-fire tasks and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to juggle tasks and competing priorities
What we offer:
- Hands-on experience in an early-stage startup – you’ll be in the mix, seeing how ideas go from development to market.
- The opportunity to contribute meaningfully from Day 1 – we are a flat structure and every voice counts. Tell us your ideas and what we can be doing differently!
- Ownership over a consequential project that has the potential to turn into something big – no coffee runs for you, promise ;)
What the crew is like and why I love working here:
Our Medbelle family is a small and truly international team (75%+ internationals). We pride ourselves on our company culture that’s focused on building a great service with a professional emphasis on numbers and growth.
As a typical Berlin startup, we, of course, have the usual fun stuff: free coffee & British tea, fruit, pancake Tuesdays, an amazing Villa in Kreuzberg, Friday memes and team events we probably shouldn’t talk about here. But what I love most about working for Medbelle is the honest desire to help improve the experiences of our patients – that’s what keeps us motivated and driven.
We move quickly. If you are a great match, we can cover the initial phone interviews, an on-site interview with me and a chat with the founders all within two weeks. I look forward to hearing from you!
Nicole (Strategic Partnerships Manager, Innovation Team)