Business Development Internship to support our CEO // EIDU
Social business startup: educating the poorest 1 billion children.
At EIDU, we create a learning app for young children in poor areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our vision is to educate these children by building the next generation global edtech learning platform.
We are looking for a Business Development Intern (m/f/d) to support our CEO and to help us build the strategy and operational excellence for growth at scale.
What we do and why
We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. For that, they need a proper foundation early on. It is our mission to help them acquire foundational skills before they start school and then support them further. Our solution enables them to learn by themselves, at their own pace, on an app that works globally, even on the cheapest devices. This digital learning solution will be affordable to the global poor without any subsidies, making it a truly scalable solution.
We are currently testing our EIDU service in the toughest conditions: with more than 5,000 children in the largest urban informal settlements in Africa, located in Nairobi, Kenya. If you would like to know more, see the TEDx talk about EIDU at www.eidu.com
- Be part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded start up, founded by two highly successful serial tech entrepreneurs
- Work in an entrepreneurial, result-oriented way to increase the core KPIs of EIDU, such as the number of active children and increased learning outcomes
- Support and work directly with one of the Founders 10-20 hrs/week
- Develop processes and strategies to grow our venture and set us up for successful expansion into new regions and countries
- Perform product and market research activities to improve our product and company’s value proposition for schools and children
- A strong drive to make the world a better place
- Razor-sharp focus on tangible results
- High sense of autonomy & excellent self-starter and self-management skills
- Strong problem solving ability and getting things done attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive and flexible attitude
- Excellent English communication skills
- Advanced MS Office or Google Docs skills
Your experience includes
- You are currently enrolled or have been accepted to start at a top-tier university in a MBA or comparative Masters programme
- Big plus: 2-5 years of work experience
- Affinity with (and preferably experience in) education and / or BoP markets
- Big plus: Having started a company or worked in a tech start-up
- Big plus: Professional experience in developing countries
- Big plus: Experience in working in (remote) multicultural teams
- The opportunity to directly contribute to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it
- A highly talented & diverse international team, based in Berlin and Nairobi
- Passionate and fun team members, who support and challenge each other
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit CV and availability to [email protected]