Online Marketing Intern
Codecks is a project & community management platform for game developers by game developers. Created by some of the minds behind Spec Ops: The Line, Dead Island 2 and Curious Expedition, we’re bringing innovative ideas to the boring world of project management tools. Inspired by a playful trading card game metaphor, Codecks is used by teams around the world.
Codecks is a small bootstrapped start-up based in Berlin at our indie games co-working space Saftladen in the heart of the city.
We are looking for an Online Marketing Intern who will be working directly with the founders.
The internship start date is flexible, duration is a minimum of 3 months.
- You are looking for a mandatory internship as part of your academic studies
- Interested in being part of an early-stage bootstrapped startup
- Some demonstrable experience in online marketing: this could be a social media channel you run, blog posts you wrote, a website you designed, a relevant project you worked on during your studies… just show us something!
- Good English writing skills
- Living in Germany
Below is a list of tasks you’ll be working on. We don’t expect you to do all of them of course, they will be picked based on your skills and preferences on areas you’d like to focus on.
- Take charge of our social media channels. Ideate and post pro-tips, insights, memes, customer shout-out for our channels on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and TikTok.
- Manage your own budget for ads, run campaigns, track results, optimize performance on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit.
- Brainstorm and collaborate on new marketing ideas and channels we should try
- Write short content for blog or newsletter (research a topic and create a new piece) or repurpose our existing content for different channels
- Analyze SEO results for our website. Experiment with improvements to website structure, generate ideas for content writing.
- Take screenshots for our manual / blog / release notes, help out on copy writing for our website.
- Review our website and manual for out of date information, screenshots, inconsistent wording, typos, missing feature descriptions.
- Find organic Reddit, Twitter, Quora, forum threads where we can reply as Codecks.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to get experience in a small start-up and helping build a company from the inside.
- Since we are looking for students required to do a mandatory internship as part of their studies we are legally not required to provide any compensation. That being said, we are providing a salary of €520 / month to help you cover some basic living costs.
- Flexible working times.
- Possibility to work remotely. If you’re based in Berlin we’d like you to come to the office at least once a week for review meetings.
We particularly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, people of colour, and other groups that are underrepresented throughout the software industry.
To apply, please send an email with the subject “Internship application” to email@example.com. Make sure to include a CV, some information about yourself and one or more examples of your work (see the “Your profile” section above for details).