Research and Operational Intern // dGen
dGen is an independent non-profit research institute. We focus on how emerging technology can contribute to a decentralized future in Europe and what this might mean for people, society, private entities, and the public sector over the coming decades.
We are looking for ambitious English speaking (German a plus) persons with an interest in decentralization and blockchain technology to help with academic/scientific research and operations in Berlin. You will use your strong analytical and online search skills to understand the current blockchain ecosystem in Europe. You will have the opportunity to use your blockchain knowledge to help define cutting edge research.
You will also help us organize events, reach out to teams in Berlin and abroad. Finally, you will gain experience in the daily operations of the dGen think tank – getting exposure to a fast-moving startup in Berlin.
This internship is unpaid.
Your tasks will include:
- Conduct research on blockchain eco-system in Europe and contribute to the dGen research agenda
- Monitor industry developments and present weekly findings
- Creation and management of online content to promote our non-profit activities
- Interaction with other companies in the space regarding operations/partnerships
- Organize and participate in events
- General operational tasks
- Support our overarching goal of navigating the strategic opportunities and implications that blockchain technology and decentralization will have on society and key industries.
Requirements: You need to have
- Good spoken and written English (German is a plus)
- Ambitious and excited to learn new things
- Critical thinking
- Interest in Blockchain technology / Basic blockchain knowledge
- Interest in working in a fast-paced and ambitious startup
- Located in Berlin (No visa sponsorship)
- A fast track course in marketing and entrepreneurship and blockchain
- Invaluable experience working in a startup
- Mentoring and guidance
- A desk in our private office in one of Berlin’s most interesting kiez Kreuzberg
- Undoubtedly the coolest internship in Berlin
Immediate start – Full time – 3 month duration
Please note this internship is UNPAID, and should be considered only as part of a listed activity below:
- “Obligatory internship” (Pflichtpraktika“, Sec. 22 para. 1 no. 1 MiLoG)
- “Voluntary orientation internship” (“Freiwillige Orientierungspraktika“, Sec. 22 para. 1 no. 2 MiLoG)
- “Voluntary accompanying internship” (“Freiwillige ausbildungsbegleitende Praktika“, Sec. 22 para. 1 no. 3 MiLoG)
- “Entry-level qualification” (“Einstiegsqualifizierung“, Sec. 22 para. 1 no. 4 MiLoG)
We believe that talent and ambition trump education and background. If you are interested in this role, let us know what motivates you to apply; what you want to learn from this role; and what unique skill you bring to the table. Record all of that in a video under 1 minute and send it to [email protected]