User Research Intern // WATTx
WATTx is looking for a well-organized, inquisitive and independent user research intern to support the UX team for 3-6 months.
Are you curious but pragmatic? Do you consider all stakeholders and try to find solutions that satisfy both business and user goals? Do you, ideally, have some prior user research experience from internships or working-student jobs? Are you looking to expand your industry knowledge and skills? If your answer was yes to one or more questions, then we might have the perfect job offer for you!
WHAT YOUR MISSION ENTAILS:
Most likely you will mainly support our venture that is developing a machine monitoring tool for the manufacturing space. In order to become the market-leading solution provider within Mittelstand companies, we are building and leveraging cutting-edge technology – to create a seamless customer experience and outstanding performance. Apart from that, you will also get the chance to lend a helping hand in our other interesting projects.
- Recruiting different user groups for UX studies
- Supporting the preparation, conducting, and evaluation of research studies that address user behaviors and pain points
- Testing product designs and features with current and potential customers to get insights and gather feedback on their experiences
- Documenting, analyzing and presenting research results in a compelling and empathetic manner by creating narratives and using storytelling techniques
- Supporting the product team to amplify the users’ voice making sure it is strongly advocated for when making product decisions
WHAT YOU NEED TO START YOUR MISSION:
- You are a recent graduate or are currently pursuing either your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Anthropology, Psychology or similar
- You have an understanding of HCI and Design Thinking principles
- You are proficient in qualitative and quantitative research as well as dedicated tools and have an understanding of methods including, but not limited to: user acquisition, persona creation, interviews, surveys, usability tests, result interpretation and modeling, user journeys
- You have the ability to synthesize, shape and present research findings into opportunities and insights in engaging ways that will fuel design
- You pay high attention to detail, you are very organized and reliable
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and are comfortable with a fast-paced working environment
- You are fluent in English and German
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- WATTx is an environment that encourages autonomy: You will have the freedom to plan research and pick methods on your own and you will be part of those studies first hand. The UX and project team will support you and always have your back.
- We value a great team spirit and working in cross-functional teams: You will be an essential member of an international, interdisciplinary team
- You will be exposed to the newest deep tech and work on early-stage products, interesting projects, hackathons, etc.
WATTx is a new kind of company builder focused on creating deep technologies in the industrial and consumer Internet of things. We are a full-stack team: hardware and software engineers, data scientists, user experience researchers and designers, venture developers, and strategists. We identify opportunity areas and then conduct research and ideation sessions. Solutions that evolve from these sessions are prototyped and vetted as pilots with clients, investors, and potential partners.