Working Student Graphic Design (m/f/x) // commercetools
We’re looking for a passionate and motivated design student to work with our Training and Documentation teams to create infographics, web graphics, slide presentations and more. You’ll work with writers, trainers, marketing and other designers to create visuals that are consistent with the brand look and feel and address real-world needs. You’ll receive real-world projects from the training and documentation team, as well as mentorship from designers on our marketing and UX/UI teams.
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
- Support the Training and Documentation Teams with daily tasks and project
- Create infographics, diagrams and other assets for international audiences which communicate complex topics in a simple, beautiful way
- Build a consistent design language for materials that works with the corporate brand and design language
- Create design templates, design guidelines, and style guides
- Present and communicate ideas, concepts and visual solutions to team members.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- In at least your 2nd semester in a relevant design program
- Familiar in design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Available for at least 12 months at 20h/week, with the opportunity for more hours during the semester breaks
- Creative, curious, and eager to understand complex topics in-depth to provide the best visual representation for them
- Very good English, German would be a plus.
If you are interested, please provide:
- A sample of 3-5 pieces of your best design work
- Classroom work is accepted, but if real world work is preferred if you have it. Send us a short description of each sample in addition to the work sample itself so we know what we’re looking at. We accept work in PDF format, but we are a tech company – bonus points for students with digital portfolios!
INVESTING IN OUR FUTURE – OUR OFFER TO WORKING STUDENTS:
- Practical experience during your studies
- Opportunity of starting with us full-time as a Junior after finishing your studies
- Flexible (exam friendly) working hours
- Great opportunity to learn from senior team members and mentors
- Healthy feedback and a climate of mutual appreciation
- Modern workplaces and technology in bright offices (open-plan spaces as well as conference rooms and smaller rooms for quiet times)
- Free drinks, fresh fruits, cereals and colleagues who really love baking cake
- Daily table tennis/foosball matches
THIS IS HOW WE WORK
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.