Working student Q&A and test management for e-Mental Health applications (mobile, web)
According to the WHO, mental disorders rank among the leading causes of ill-health and disability worldwide, affecting approx. 450 million people globally. Stigmatization, a lack of therapeutic capacities and high entry barriers into treatment lead to a high percentage of people receiving no or inadequate treatment.
MindDoc helps people suffering from mental diseases like depression, anxiety, eating or compulsory disorders with different intensity and forms of treatment. With our two products “MindDoc Online-Therapy” and “Moodpath”, we deliver high-quality therapy and self-management tools anytime, anywhere, and just a click away. We combine our in-depth understanding of psychotherapy with a strong technological platform that enables patients to access our services easily, quickly and seamlessly to improve their health and increase quality of life.
For our tech team, we are currently looking for a working student who supports us in defining, planning, and executing tests covering all our user-facing web and mobile applications.
- As part of our product and engineering team, you specify, plan, execute, and document tests across all platforms
- For new features, you proactively develop test strategies to ensure a high quality and stability of our products before they are shipped to our users
- You constantly test and review our products to trace down malfunctions, document progress, identify potential for improvement which you then report to the product and development team for continuous improvement and quality assurance
- Together with our support team, you review user feedback to include it in the development process and identify bugs
- You manage our test devices and make sure our software works smoothly on as many devices as possible
- You are in an advanced stadium of your Bachelor’s studies or already have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent
- You have a strong interest in digital products and and especially digital health products
- You strive for highest quality and user satisfaction
- You have a good understanding of modern platforms and tools (mobile, web)
- You have good communication skills in German and English
- You actually enjoy clean documentation, process excellence, and structure
What we offer:
- A meaningful job. If helping a company sell shoes or deliver more food doesn’t satisfy you, we have something in common. Digitizing mental health services is not easy, but when it works it is incredibly meaningful. A carefully crafted balance between digital health startup (flat hierarchies, a self-dependent way of working, clear-cut communication, speed) and family-owned hospital group (bold decision making, medical depth, regulatory framework).
- An open-space office in Berlin Kreuzkölln with lovely colleagues from different domains, backgrounds, and cultures