Chief Product Officer (paternity cover)
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world’s leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 15 million users have planted over 80 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
We are looking for a passionate Chief Product Officer to join us in Berlin as cover for paternity leave for around 1.5 years.
Do you want to become part of an inspiring team and shape a product used by millions of users?
What you’ll do
- Inspire others and create clarity and positive momentum towards a shared product vision and strategy.
- Make sure all product initiatives align on a high level with the company strategy and the rest of the organisation and provide ways to prompt that alignment.
- Represent product internally and externally. Tell a compelling story about what we build and why.
- Investigate strategic opportunities and partnerships and make sure we regularly reach meaningful outcomes (OKRs).
- Shape and scale the product organisation and nurture a healthy product culture and the values and principles of how we build products.
- Hire, retain and develop great product people and create the right conditions for them to thrive and grow into their full potential.
- Provide a rich feedback culture through regular 1-1s, 360 degree check-ins and appraisal.
- Ask questions that allow team members to explain the why of their decisions to prompt evaluation and learning.
- Contribute to the strategy and organisational design of the whole organisation as part of the leadership team.
What you bring
- Proven ability to guide teams to repeatedly build successful digital products and services.
- Experience as a servant leader, where you coach and empower others to take on increasingly challenging responsibilities and create the right conditions for them to be successful.
- Ability to make strategic decisions, find the big levers and rally people around them.
- Past success in hiring, scaling teams and organisational design.
- Work experience that resulted in a well honed toolbox in all areas of product development: From technology to design to business, from discovery and delivery techniques and processes to marketing and analytics.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and high degree of empathy.
- Heart that is beating for our users and our cause.
- Fluent spoken and written English (German not required).
- Respect and passion for our core values and the way we work.
What we offer
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you’ll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth like monthly learning days, hack days and free book policy
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other sides of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your green-electricity bill
- More perks like weekly team breakfasts, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
Ecosia collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). By pressing the Submit button you are giving Ecosia consent to the processing of your personal data for the current role.