Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin HQ
ABOUT THIS ROLE
At Medbelle, we are building the digital hospital of the future.
We have been providing elective surgical procedures for thousands of patients since 2016 and have been building technology to fundamentally change how secondary care is delivered.
Our mission is extraordinarily ambitious: To build a digital hospital that provides better outcomes, better patient experience, lower costs, and a better provider experience. This can only be achieved if we rethink the provision of care, leveraging technology to
- Empower patients in managing their care
- Measure and optimise medical outcomes
- Reduce the healthcare cost by addressing the biggest inefficiencies
- Support healthcare staff to provide care with more ease
Now we are looking for a Product Manager to help us succeed by building out our three browser-based applications for patients, staff and healthcare providers and integrate them into the healthcare landscape.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You and the Head of Product coordinate directly for projects geared towards
- Meaningful partnerships with major external healthcare providers & UK health insurers
- Defining the patient experience of the ‘Digital Hospital’ across all our entire treatment offering
- You are responsible for enabling our delivery of care:
- As such you strive to automate and scale processes to deliver care across our treatment offering & to empower care teams to help our patients and collaborate with providers
- You own a prioritised backlog and continuously coordinate between the stakeholders
- For all features and projects, you coordinate closely with the Engineering team, design & stakeholders to manage roadmap, requirements, and ensure implementation and adoption
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 3+ years of work experience. Of which at least 1-2 have been working directly with software engineers as a Product Manager, in addition to experience in other project-ownership-heavy roles
- You boast a strong track record of owning large projects end-to-end, have demonstrated your ability to effectively manage stakeholders and proved yourself to be a highly skilled communicator
- You have proven ownership for business KPIs, giving you the skill set to understand economic levers & prioritise your backlog assessing KPI impact, strategic leverage & user value
- You can distil & define user requirements effectively and to do so, you can draft MVP wireframe yourself if needed – consumer-facing & internal
- You base your decisions on data and know how to access and analyse it (SQL & analytic tools are not new to you). Also, you follow hypothesis-driven product development
- You have actively worked with scrum or other agile project management methodologies. You are adaptive and can quickly adjust to working on different users, stakeholders or processes – e.g. consumer, staff or external partners
- You have gathered significant work experience in startup environments
- You are fluent in English
What we offer
- Join a small, fast and experienced team – this is your chance to have a big impact and to grow your responsibility very quickly
- Help patients with problems that define their lives and raise the standard of healthcare – with colleagues who are as passionate about this as you are
- Work on products that take a central role in the healthcare landscape: being used by patients, surgeons & other clinicians, hospital staff and more.
- Work in a team that values data-driven decision making as well as working towards our vision
- Flexible home office arrangements, also post-COVID
- Friendly social culture with regular team events, lunches, brunches and after-work drinks (read more about further perks, e.g. gym memberships etc, below)
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Overall duration: 1-2 weeks
- Screening: After you submit your application materials we will review them to gauge if they meet our requirements. We aim to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Initial interview: If you pass the initial screening we will be in touch to schedule an initial video interview. The goal of this initial video interview is to learn more about you and what you are looking for. This call is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Medbelle and the role so that we can both evaluate if there is a mutual fit.
- Case study & Team interview: We will send you a brief case study with tasks related to your role. We would like for you to work on the case study in your own time and prepare a short presentation on it. We will then have another interview with you, during which you present your case and we will do an in-depth interview and some additional case work. This should give all of us an opportunity to judge if we can see each other working together as a team over the long term.
- Cultural match interview & Friday beers: Your final conversation will be a more personal chat with one of our founders. Right afterwards: Stay at our office over a few drinks! You should have the chance to make sure you’ll feel at home here – and we want to ensure that you will be a great addition to our entire team beyond Product.
- Reference calls: We might ask you for the contact details of some of your prior managers, coworkers and employees.
Apply for this position
At Medbelle, we are building the digital hospital of the future.
We have redesigned the treatment journey for elective surgeries from scratch to provide a fully-digitised yet personal experience for both patients and providers.
For patients, we are the surgery provider of choice. We work with world-class surgeons and rent operating space from selected facilities to provide patients with the best possible care – with friendly Medbelle personnel on-hand to guide them every step of the way.
For providers, we are the partner they can rely on. We build technology and processes that integrate the entire patient journey, reducing costs and enabling them to fully focus on medical outcomes and patient care.
Our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare and make it accessible to all.
We do this by building a digital hospital that improves secondary care across the quadruple aim: better outcomes, better patient experience, lower costs, and a better provider experience.
As of today, we have provided surgeries to thousands of patients, have a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 92, and are the best-rated medical provider in the UK on Trustpilot (http://bit.ly/medbelle_trustpilot). Our patients regularly tell us how much our work has impacted their life and it’s these heartwarming testimonials that continuously motivate us to give our very best.
We started Medbelle in 2016 and have since assembled a team of doctors, digital experts, nurses, managers and programming boffs.
We are a team of all ages, beliefs, backgrounds and interests; there are musicians, artists, students, fitness fanatics, mothers and fathers.
Everyone is encouraged to fulfil their professional ambitions while making an impact for our patients and working towards a brighter future for healthcare.
2 Office dogs
Alone you go fast, together you go far: We celebrate strong individual performance – but we believe that it is only the first step towards success. Extraordinary results require that talented individuals collaborate, with strong opinions weakly held and with a shared commitment to do whatever is best to achieve our joint mission.
Caring for our patients means caring for our team: Our goal is to make our patients feel cared for and provide them with a safe patient journey. We achieve this best when our team is happy. We want to empower our team members to grow professionally and personally, to maintain a sustainable workload and to be able to take care of their physical and mental wellbeing. This is why we provide perks such as an Urban Sports Club membership (a Berlin-wide gym and sports membership), German Lessons for A1 & A2, a subscription to the Headspace meditation app, a Yoga/Meditation sanctuary in the office, a monthly Personal Development Budget, Quarterly Awards and a Medbelle Library.
Work is best when your colleagues are friends: We spend most of our waking time at work, so we might as well make it quality time. Many of our team members have become good friends and like spending time together during and after work, even after they become Medbelle Alumni. We try to foster this with weekly office brunches, team lunches, Friday beers and quarterly team events.
If this role, our mission, and our culture resonate with you then we would love to hear from you.
We are also open to general applications from extraordinary candidates.
If you want to learn more about us, here are some links to get you started:
Video: What we do – http://bit.ly/medbelle_video
Trustpilot: Best-rated medical provider in the UK – What our patients say – http://bit.ly/medbelle_trustpilot
Glassdoor: What our team members say – http://bit.ly/medbelle_glassdoor
Medbelle on TechCrunch – http://bit.ly/medbelle_techcrunch
Apply for this position