Product Manager | Subscription Platform
Marley Spoon builds global direct-to-consumer brands leveraging operational excellence to continuously delight our customers in a personalized and sustainable way. We’re global (8 markets, 3 continents), 1600+ employees strong, bringing to market 3 delightful brands: Marley Spoon, Dinnerly, and Bezzie. We’re public, profitable and 100% carbon neutral.
This role sits in our Subscription tribe – building platforms for direct-to-consumer e-commerce (meal kit and beyond), with scope & scalability at the forefront.
As the Product Manager, Marketing Tech (new team built from scratch), you are responsible for building the bridge between tech and marketing, for us to better acquire and retain customers, across brands and regions. Your team will be responsible to build and integrate Marketing tools like central communications management, voucher setup, customer analytics and segmentation, and integrate them with the rest of the system.
- Drive the MarTech roadmap for developing a new platform from scratch
- Constantly look for opportunities to generate direct customer value in the delivery of your internally facing product
- Closely collaborate with your stakeholders to understand main use cases and shape solutions to their problems, both tactically and strategically
- In collaboration with engineering, translate features into development stories and drive their delivery
- Improve existing and establish new communication channels so that internal teams are aware of important changes
- Support internal projects and initiatives, managing priorities of execution with the drive of innovation
- Create and evangelize your team’s roadmap and vision
- Work with our engineering team to execute the backlog and move forward technical improvements
- Work with the Product Management team to manage dependencies, define strategies, and optimize agile processes
- Consider the bigger picture in all decisions you make–avoid thinking in silos
- You’ve shipped products. You’ve delivered successful releases of consumer platforms, and you have a deep understanding of web and e-commerce application development.
- Your focus is both external and internal. You understand how internal tools can drive a customer experience from behind the scenes.
- You’re business savvy. Revenue impact and CPAs are not foreign to you, and you understand how the features you define and execute can have a tangible effect.
- You’re technically adept. While you won’t write production code (we hope), you’re comfortable looking at YAML and CSS, know what a pull request is and can speak the tech language
- You’re design-aware. You won’t spend your days in Figma, but you should have an understanding of UX concepts and user flows
- You’re driven by empathy. Our customers are at the center of everything we do, and understanding their needs and how we can meet them at the intersection of our business is key.
- You’re a team player. You’re not a facilitator of handoffs, nor an auteur working on your own— you define and rally cross-functional teams with the right players to move initiatives
- You are proactive. You come up with great ideas and prove them with data.
- You’re flexible and dynamic. You are ok with change and know what it means to work in a company with emergent and shifting priorities, with the complexities of a maturing product and organizational structure
- You have worked with a subscription-based consumer service before
- You have a background in design or engineering that you bring to your product management style
- Being part of a profitable company in full-blown scale-up phase – offering immense opportunities for personal & career growth
- Flexible working hours, hybrid (home + office) and/ or full remote (CET ±2)
- Spend 5% of your working time on personal learning and development
- Learning & development budget
- Corporate pension scheme (the company adds 20% on top)
- Possibility to trade part of your salary for double the amount of stock options
- Our beautiful and cozy office is located in the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg close to some of the best restaurants (soon!)
- Free food boxes delivered to your doorstep
- Cooked food from our test kitchen
- Discounts for gym membership & language courses
- Friday drinks and many after-work events (more online these days)
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities