Senior Product Manager, Backend – Meal Kit Tribe
We are looking for a Product Manager to help us in our mission to improve our business API into a new generation SaaS service. Marley Spoon is re-inventing the global food supply chain to reduce food waste and connect consumers with quality producers, providing fresh food directly to customer’s homes. To achieve this, we are developing innovative applications to inspire and empower cooks to find and prepare food they love.
At Marley Spoon, we care relentlessly about our cooks. The people who bring us into their homes trust us with their families, their time, and their tastes to bring some joy, efficiency, and flavor to their lives. As Product Manager, Backend CX, you are responsible for the heart of our technical landscape.
Working together with our Engineering and Product teams in Berlin, you deeply understand our users, our business needs, our processes, and our stakeholders to develop solutions that meet the demands of everyone. And as a collaborative leader, you facilitate initiatives from other teams as well, helping with digital execution where required. Operating three different brands across 8 different countries and various languages, including the US and Australia, our business and customer needs are diverse; there’s always a new challenge waiting to be solved.
- Drive the refactoring roadmap that will take us to a SaaS GraphQL API available to help build all our products.
- Constantly look for opportunities to generate an impact on our customer application by improving the relationships and services the API is exposing
- Closely collaborate with your stakeholders to understand main use cases and shape solutions to their problems, both tactically and strategically
- In collaboration with engineering, translate features into development stories and drive their delivery
- Improve existing and establish new communication channels so that internal teams are aware of important changes
- Support internal projects and initiatives, managing priorities of execution with the drive of innovation
- Create and evangelize your team’s roadmap and vision
- Work with our engineering team to execute the backlog and move forward technical improvements
- Work with the Product Management team to manage dependencies, define strategies, and optimize agile processes
- Consider the bigger picture in all decisions you make–avoid thinking in silos
This is you:
- You’ve shipped products. You’ve delivered successful release of consumer platforms, and you have a deep understanding of web and e-commerce application development.
- You’re technically adept. While you won’t write production code (we hope), you’re comfortable looking at configuration files, HTTP Request Content (Json for GraphQL and REST), deployment procedures, know what a pull request is and can talk at the same level with engineers about how a feature will come to life.
- You’re business savvy. Revenue impact and CPAs are not foreign to you, and you understand how the features you define and execute can have a tangible effect.
- You’re driven by empathy. Our customers are at the center of everything we do, and understanding their needs and how we can meet them at the intersection of our business is key. You are obsessed with our customers and do everything to delight them. You anticipate the needs of your stakeholders and users.
- You’re a natural leader and diplomat. In collaboration with leadership, you’ll set the vision for our products and plan our roadmap. At the same time, you’ll manage competing priorities and ensure understanding and alignment across what we will achieve. You know the balance between building the next big thing and improving existing features.
- You’re a team player. You’re not a facilitator of handoffs, nor an auteur working on your own— you define and rally cross-functional teams with the right players to move initiatives together from discovery and research into strategy, into ideation and testing, into implementation, into analysis and iteration and back again.
- You’re independent. You execute with minimal hand-holding, but also know when to seek support
- You’re flexible and dynamic. You are ok with change and know what it means to work in a company with emergent and shifting priorities, with the complexities of a maturing product and organizational structure
- You’re hungry. You not only seek out new challenges, but you like to cook, or eat, or both!
- You have worked with a subscription based consumer service before
What we offer:
- A place to be and develop yourself as an entrepreneur. True ownership, real responsibilities, and strong opportunities for growth
- Free Marley Spoon boxes!
- Opportunity to be part of Marley Spoon’s success by participating in our share option program
- Diverse working culture in an english-speaking office with over 50 nationalities in the heart of Berlin
- Test kitchen in the office – you get to try our recipes first!
- Growth opportunities and team events, such as designated learning times, brownbags, conference participation, pub quiz nights, TGIF drinks, language lessons, and fitness program
- Flexible work hours and remote work policy