Senior Product Manager
Tandem is the leading global language learning community, where more than 20 million members from over 180 countries practice languages together. The concept of learning from each other is not only an integral part of the Tandem community but it is also at the heart of our everyday lives at Tandem. This shared connection through learning helps us to grow and enhances the language journeys of our members.
We are based in Berlin and are backed by top European investors. We are highly international and driven by a shared passion for languages, technology, and culture. Together, we are on a mission to build a product that not only teaches a new skill but also encourages meaningful cross-cultural conversations.
We are looking for a bright, data-driven, collaborative operator to help us improve the experience of our members and to work on growth topics, such as retention and monetization.
Your role will be to:
- Work with executive leadership to drive product strategy for a key team.
- Develop a thorough understanding of what drives growth, retention and engagement at Tandem, ensure that decision making on all levels is data-informed, and help a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, marketers and community managers to understand how millions of users are using Tandem and how we can make it even better for them.
- Drive product features through their entire creative cycle: Ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to explore and validate feature ideas.
- Partner with product designers to ensure a fun and delightful user experience in our product.
- Work with engineers to help guide feature development.
- Perform experiment analysis on features and find opportunities for optimization, share results and insights with the whole team, iterate based on learnings, and define final implementations.
- Define your key performance indicator(s) which drive user growth, and achieve them!
You are the right fit for the role if you:
- You have over 4 years of product management experience, specifically with mobile apps at scale.
- You are highly passionate about languages and their role in building bridges between cultures.
- You are a communicative team player with excellent command of written and spoken English.
- You have the ability to apply user insights, data, and statistical analyses to inform decisions.
- You have hands-on experience with both quantitative and qualitative research. You can run A/B tests and are exceptional at analyzing, understanding and acting on data, and have the ability to facilitate user interviews, create and analyze surveys, and conduct usability testing.
- You have an instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences.
- You have demonstrated the ability to be resourceful, curious, and innovative.
- You have experience in leading projects and teams.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Design, Psychology, Linguistics, or equivalent.
Your application will stand out if:
- You have an advanced degree in Business, Computer Science, Design, Psychology, Linguistics, or equivalent.
- You have vast expertise in high-growth consumer mobile apps with robust IAP and subscription growth.
Passion for languages
We’re a team of 30 people speaking 20 languages fluently between us. For those wanting to improve their German (or Denglisch!), you can join one of our German classes on us. We also run regular Spanish, Russian, and German lunches!
Take a deep dive
As a Tandem team member, we’ll give you a budget for up to 6 “Deep Dive Days” per year. Pick a topic you’ve always wanted to explore for your professional development that has never made it out of your backlog. Then book a cabin in the woods or whatever matches your individual learning style.
Teams who train together, stay together
We offer Urban Sports Club gym memberships to boost our team’s physical and mental health. If you prefer, we can contribute to your monthly public transport ticket instead.
It takes a team to Tandem
Bonding with our teammates outside of our normal work routine is important to us. We organize regular team events: from day trips to weekly lunches, to Friday beers, summer BBQs, and board games.
Life isn’t just about work. We know when to snooze Slack notifications, recharge our batteries, and take time out for our personal hobbies. As we’re mostly working from home right now, it’s even more important to be able to switch off from work and relax.
As part of our family-friendly company philosophy, we embrace flexible working hours, welcome families to our events, and love for our kids to visit the office and get a taste of life at Tandem.
Relocation without the stress
If you’re looking to relocate to Berlin, we’re ready to assist you with the infamous German bureaucracy. Many of us have been through it before, so we have plenty of tips to share. You’ll feel settled in no time.
One size doesn´t fit all
Nowadays, we’re all about a flexible and modern approach to working. Whether you’d like to work from our office in the heart of Berlin-Mitte, from the comfort of your home, or even a mixture of both, we’ll contribute to your work setup.