Senior Technical Product Manager – Marketplace Platform // Zalando SE
Zalando’s Marketplace (Sellers Platform) team is building a sophisticated ecosystem of technology and data-driven tools to enable Zalando to become the preferred fashion marketplace in the EU. As our Senior Product Manager (Platform) in the Marketplace team, you will play a key role in defining and delivering the foundational infrastructure for this critical, strategic product within Zalando.
For more intel on our Platform strategy please read here.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Own the product vision and roadmap for the backend services and APIs that power the next generation merchant portal product suite.
- Work independently and drive the product development to deliver on the product vision. Manage the backlog and create requirements for an agile engineering team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs, problems and challenges for your internal and external customers and stakeholders to build a scalable platform product.
- Define KPIs in order to measure the impact and success of your product.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Successful track record of building the product vision, roadmap and executing the launch of one or more platform products.
- Professional expertise in product discovery and agile product management; strong business sense and a passion for solving problems that improve processes and drive innovation. E-commerce domain is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to bridge the gap between business and technology, build trust with key stakeholders to align multiple teams and deliver on strategic initiatives.
- Technical understanding (expertise) and a thorough understanding of platform products (layered), combined with an engineering sense, which will enable meaningful conversations with the engineering teams.
- Ability to write documents and clearly communicate your product vision in simple and easy to understand language for a broad audience, including senior management, your teams, as well as colleagues from within and outside the team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from the Zalando shop, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices , public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form and submitted in English – we do not accept applications via e-mail.