User Researcher and Product Analyst // mitte
Mitte is on a mission to provide healthy hydration for Every Body. Having created the world’s first smart water system inspired by the natural water cycle, we are driven to reinvent the way water is consumed globally. Our solution allows users to create personalized mineralized water at home, giving them control over their drinking water while minimizing plastic wastage.
Our offer will be extended into an ecosystem covering all user touchpoints. Our process works in two simple steps. First, it purifies water with a proprietary distillation-based method. After the purification, the water is enhanced through a unique, patent-pending mineralization process, where purified water flows through a cartridge that contains several layers of mineral ingredients.
Mitte was initiated at the beginning of 2016. Our international team consists of members from over fifteen countries across six continents and is backed by experienced global investors, who share our sustainable vision. We are an entrepreneurial group, excited about using engineering and design to bring innovative and sustainable products to the market.
It’s an exciting time to join Mitte. We are currently moving closer to our launch date and starting to think about the products that come next, so we are looking for a passionate product person to join our team.
As part of the product team, you will be an ambassador for a user-centric culture at the company and you will support the product development process by identifying user needs, validating hypothesis through quantitative and qualitative methods and evaluating new product features.
The product team works closely with the engineering, marketing, and business development teams and external partners, making sure our products stay user-relevant but are also technically, financially and operationally possible.
- Support the hardware and digital product development process by:
- Planning and conducting qualitative and quantitative User Research, such as interviews, surveys, usability testing of prototypes, etc.
- Process and convert results into relevant insights that fuel and guide product scoping, feature creation or validation and marketing communication and positioning.
- Support for the creation of digital and hardware assets for testing such as wireframes and low fidelity prototypes.
- Support UX in the creation of User Stories, User Journeys, and User Product Flows across all Product User touchpoints (app, website and hardware ecosystem)
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of existing products, untapped opportunities, and buyer personas
- Support the definition of revenue models and pricing for products
- Collaborate on the implementation of alpha and beta testing programs for products prior to launch
- Previous experience with user research, product manager, product marketing or similar role in a company with a physical product.
- Knowledge of methodical approaches of user testing and analysis, such as proper experimental design.
- You are curious, you have a passion for research, psychology, innovation and new technologies.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, meaning you enjoy talking to and connecting with people quickly.
- High empathy and excellent observation skills.
- Ability to understand complex processes and problems, and explain them in clearer and simpler ways.
- Full English proficiency (speaking, reading & writing).
- A strong team player able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, international environment with different disciplines (operations, hardware, software, business, marketing, etc.).
- German language skills
- Previous experience in hardware and/or food startups
- Design thinking experience
- Data analysis and statistical evaluation knowledge
- 3D printing and prototyping experience
- Data analytics experience
Our culture and values are central to Mitte’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work. In addition, you can expect:
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team events
- A flexible learning budget of 1,000EUR per year
- A Modern office space with roof terrace in Kreuzberg
- A Membership for Urban Sports Club
- 28 vacation days