Legal Counsel – IT & Data Protection (m/f/d)
Sendinblue is the European leader in digital marketing software. We are a complete Sales & Marketing toolbox: email, SMS, Facebook ads, chat, CRM, and more in one single SaaS platform. Our mission is to empower all companies with the tools they need to build stronger customer relationships and grow their business through meaningful interactions.
We have a team of 400 employees representing over 40 nationalities spread across five offices located in Paris, Berlin, Delhi, Seattle and Toronto.
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f/d) to join our team in our Berlin office. The scope of this role is to own all data protection-related matters for the German subsidiary of Sendinblue with a strong focus on providing excellent legal advice to our customers and internal teams.
What you will do
- Provide legal counsel internally and externally on a variety of issues with a clear focus on data protection
- Ensuring data protection and handling all internal and external data protection inquiries independently
- Responsible data protection officer of the Sendinblue GmbH
- Close collaboration with different departments, especially our legal team, our customer care team, and our managing director
- Development, implementation and coordination of compliance guidelines, processes and measures incl. training for employees
- Contribute to contractual matters, incl. drafting, reviewing and negotiation of contracts
What will contribute to your success
- Relevant work experience, ideally in the field of IT law, data protection or compliance in a B2B environment
- Successfully completed law studies: LL.B. or LL.M. (two state exams are a plus but not a must)
- Good knowledge of German Civil Law and European law, contract law, GDPR, data protection and business law
- Excellent command of German and English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on teamwork and collaboration
- Good understanding of technical and software contexts, tech-savviness and high proactivity
- Prior experience or certification as a data protection officer is a plus
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to join an international and collaborative startup environment in a hyper-growth context
- We value work-life balance and offer flexible working hours and work from home up to 2 days a week (currently, we are working from home by default)
- The chance to grow your professional and technical skills, with real room for career progression
- A subsidized company pension plan
- Budget to support your workspace at home
- Bi-annual global company offsite & inter-office trips (when the current sanitary situation permits)
- Subsidized BVG ticket for public transportation
- A modern and dog-friendly office in a central location including table tennis, table football, free fruits & drinks, our Pizza Wednesday, regular team events and weekly in-office yoga classes
Note on COVID-19: While we know things are a little different these days given the current situation, we are still looking for great candidates to join our team. Our recruiting process will remain mostly virtual to provide a safe experience.
Sendinblue puts diversity and inclusion at the heart of its values. We examine all applications with treatment based on equal skills and applying the principles of non-discrimination.