Motion Graphic Designer // redfish
If you are looking for a fast-paced job as part of a small and innovative team that is passionate about telling stories ignored by the mainstream, then redfish is the place for you.
Motion Graphic Designer
redfish media is searching for a highly-creative, motion graphic designer and video-editor with a passion for visual story-telling to join our ambitious Berlin-based team:
You should be:
- Passionate about news, documentary and visual story-telling.
- A creative problem solver who pays attention to detail.
- Cool under pressure.
- An exceptional team player who can collaborate with editors and producers throughout the production process.
- Motivated to learn, improve and grow with the team while also able to take initiative and work independently of any guidance.
- Able to multi-task and manage priorities effectively to meet tight project deadlines.
- To take newly conceived story ideas and transform them into visually compelling content tailor made for social media.
- To conceive and then produce social media content in close collaboration with the Social Media Manager.
- To be able to research, identify and then source 3rd party multimedia that will illustrate ideas and stories effectively.
- To be able to receive, manage and incorporate feedback from colleagues.
- Suggest new formats for content that pushes the boundaries.
- Stay on top of new editing/post-production techniques and technologies.
- At least 2 years of experience of motion graphic design, animation, graphic design and video editing.
- Strong creative talent
- Excellent working knowledge of Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Living in Berlin with permission to work in Germany.
- Fluent English speaker (C1+)
- German and any other languages are a plus.
- Experience in sound design a plus
What we offer:
- A chance to work with a driven and passionate international team in an English-first, informal office in the heart of Berlin.
- Competitive salary, holidays + benefits.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
A little about us…
At redfish we create mini documentaries and video content whose aim is to critique the exploitative global system in which we live.
In less than a year since redfish was set up, our work has shone a light on a multitude of issues ignored by the mainstream: from the role of state neglect involved in London\’s Grenfell Tower tragedy to the legacies of colonialism and apartheid which perpetuate extreme inequality in Southern Africa.
We are 100 per cent editorially independent and uniquely positioned to have a global reach via our parent company Ruptly who make our content available to their 1200+ clients across 89 countries.
Please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio or DemoReel to [email protected] with the subject: “Motion Graphic Designer”.