Senior Buyer – Farming System (m/f/d)
Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 with the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone. The 3 founders developed a modular farming system, that allows distribution of vertical farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space to fulfill any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network, helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Join us and help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You’re excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
We are looking for an experienced Senior buyer to join our Hardware procurement team. The Senior buyer will be responsible for the procurement of the Farming equipment category. A major part of the role will be in the identification and delivery of opportunities in terms of cost optimisation, whilst improving quality, innovation visibility, service standards and mitigating supply risk.
- Manage end to end procurement of Farming equipment category including RFI & RFQ process
- Execute all necessary operational tasks (Order to pay process) including Order placement, follow up on deliveries and processing Invoices for timely payment to the supplier
- Support the Hardware Procurement Lead and actively contribute to the development and implementation of Procurement strategy & Procurement best practices
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Work closely with the Product team to align on system specs and engineering changes
- Work closely with the the Strategic Sourcing team, supporting with qualifying new strategic suppliers including RFI & RFQ process
- 5+ years of experience in Sourcing / Procurement, preferably in Industrial machinery / CAPEX categories
- Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or Business Management
- Strong relationship development skills, ability to establish and maintain influential relationships with key decision makers at the suppliers
- Organized, structured, and reliable
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in a fast, and very dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Google Suite, good excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, fluency in German (or any EU language) is a plus
What we offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.