Senior Project Manager – R&D and Data Science
Apheris is a deep tech company with the mission to fundamentally change how organizations collaborate securely and extract value from data.
The Apheris Platform empowers organizations to securely analyze data across organizations while keeping proprietary information private. Multiple organizations with complementary data can jointly use the Apheris Platform to create an Apheris Data Ecosystem and generate shared value from their data. We have set up such Data Ecosystems for top 10 pharma and chemical R&D enterprises and are ready for more.
Enabling new ways of collaboration and innovation is not just our purpose, collaboration is as well one of our core values. We are driven by impact and strive for the impossible. We build a safe environment for our team where we are responsible together and everyone commits to take up ownership. Together, we create a whole that is far more than the sum of its parts. We are always hungry to learn and stay humble while we grow.
Our interdisciplinary team of industry-leading researchers and engineers at the intersection of data privacy, cryptography and computational sciences is backed by top investors and tech industry innovators, including LocalGlobe, MuleSoft founder Ross Mason and Twitter board chairman Patrick Pichette (former CFO of Google). With their help, we currently focus on productization of a general-purpose product core and on developing an engine for growth to win our next 10 early customers. If you want to join us in this exciting and rapid growth phase and collaborate with us, we would love to get to know you.
About the role
As a Senior Project Manager – R&D and Data Science you will help our customers thrive by responsibly navigating big scale data collaborations between large enterprises throughout their entire lifecycle. You will be the owner of a portfolio of large enterprise customer projects and will collaborate with teams of data scientists and engineers from Apheris and our customers to deliver exceptional results together.
You are one of our early commercial hires and therefore have the chance to shape your role towards the highest impact on our business and growth. You will work directly with our founders Robin and Michael and you will have profound short and long term influence on our company’s strategic and budget positioning. This role is heavily cross-functional, and you will be working with all our teams from business to engineering, data science to privacy and more.
What you will do
- Manage technical projects with a portfolio of large enterprise customers to define success and support them drive significant value using the Apheris platform
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, use cases and objectives to ensure that the Apheris platform is constantly evolving to bring maximum value to its customers
- Ensure a frictionless working mode among teams of our Apheris experts and customers’ data scientists and engineers to achieve our ambitious goals
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all key customer stakeholders – this includes managing project steering committees as well as hands-on technical sessions with the Apheris Platform users
- Tame the complexity of multi-party data collaboration projects involving diverse interests of stakeholders
You should apply if
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a project manager or customer success manager within the SaaS industry or as a (strategy) consultant (focus on digital & technology projects) working with large enterprise customers
- You earned an M.S. or Ph.D. in physics, computer science, applied mathematics, or a closely related field
- You are able to profoundly and quickly understand deeply technical and scientific problems across different disciplines
- You have great people and leadership skills that enable you not only to identify and fulfil our customer needs, but to also make your diverse team members happy and productive every day
- You have experience in managing and quantifying improvement in multiple business areas resulting from business analytics, optimization techniques, and/or statistical modelling
- You are aware of the challenges of working at an early-stage Start-up and embrace the opportunity to implement new structures and processes, ongoingly re-inventing your role and responsibilities
If you do not match 100% of the above requirements, but you think you fit this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value the right people and search based on your personality, potential and motivation to learn and grow. Together we can adapt the role in a way that is meant for you!
What we offer you
- Plenty of room to grow personally and professionally and shape your own role
- A fun and diverse team of smart and driven people
- Industry-competitive compensation
- Access to an employee participation program
- Personal budget for conferences, books, trainings and courses
- The right hardware to make you efficient – be it a laptop with Linux, Windows or a MacBook
- Regular team lunches and social events
- Daily fresh fruit, drinks, coffee (and an occasional beer)
- Inspiring office space in the heart of Berlin directly at the river (Paul Lincke Ufer)
- Possibility to work remotely
Our interview process is split into three phases:
- Initial Screening: If your application matches our requirements, our hiring manager will invite you to an initial video call. In this 45 minutes interview, you will get to know us and the role. Our hiring manager will be interested in your relevant experiences and skills as well as answer any question on the company and the role itself that you may have.
- Deep Dive: Your second video call will be with a domain expert from our team. Our interviewer will assess your skills and knowledge required for the role by asking you about meaningful experiences or your solutions for specific scenarios in line with the role we are staffing.
- Final Interview: Finally, we invite you to our office for two to three hours of interviewing with our founders, talking about our culture and meeting future co-workers on the ground.