Business Development Manager (m/f/d)
Pepper.com, The world’s largest shopping community was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips, and ideas, connecting members in 14 countries on 3 continents. The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte/Brazil, Guadalajara/Mexico, London /United Kingdom, Lyon/France, and Mumbai/India and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), Hotukdeals (United Kingdom), Mydealz (Germany) and 11 more around the globe.
About the job, the history and what we are looking for
The Pepper network started life as an unrelated collection of cult blogs in a handful of countries around the world and has grown to be the biggest social commerce network on the planet. Our aim is to always have all the market-leading offers live on our site and available for our users to analyze, discuss and decide whether to purchase. Thousands of partners of all shapes, sizes and market caps already work with us as they understand the power of enthusiastic, expert communities to advocate their products and services.
Our business development (BD) team is the first contact new partners have with Pepper. Our key responsibility is to understand their unique needs and business logic and help achieve their targets (or steer them in a realistic direction) with an individual solution. Our department has its fingers constantly on the pulse of new developments in e-commerce and as a BD manager, you will play a huge part in driving this forward and make this transformation happen together with our partners.
At Pepper, we are really lucky to be working in a win-win-win situation – users get the best deals, partners reach engaged customers and Pepper brings the two together and continues to grow in the process. As the link between the users of our communities and our partners, you’ll work closely with functions like editorial, marketing product and more to find the right solution depending on the partner and deal at hand.
Our BD team works in a highly collaborative way, always sharing progress, and learning from each other’s successes and, of course, occasionally lost opportunities – they will teach us lessons to help us, and ensure no future opportunities get stuck in a dead-end. The flexibility and autonomy to drive great results are not buzzwords here – they are the reality and we believe that this is the key difference of Pepper, and you’ll have huge scope and opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in these areas and beyond…
You will have the opportunity to work on the most important and interesting project here at Pepper. As a Business Development Manager, you’re based in Berlin, in our HQ, you will work closely with departments like Product, Editorial or Marketing but also with local operations across Europe to build up new revenue streams and models.
Your responsibilities include:
- Development, execution, and reporting of strategic commercial projects with high level of autonomy
- Lead independent research and performing data-driven decisions
- Development and implementation of new processes and business models
- Work collaboratively across functional and teams in order to drive timelines and execute on target
- Be the key point of contact for clients in the industry
- Create and work with your customized sales-pitch and -strategy
Qualities we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, MBA or similar
- 3+ years of experience in business
- Proven track record of developing relations and running campaigns
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to support top-level internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage priorities simultaneously and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Experience using data to make decisions
- Being a good team player
- Fluency in English
- Working with top brands and high-level contacts
- Flat hierarchy
- Fast decision-making process
- Working closely with the European Head of Business Development
- We’re hunting for big whales
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application.