Business Development – ML in Healthcare // Merantix
Are you passionate about technology and healthcare? Are you excited about taking ownership of strategic projects and client-/partner facing work? Do you want to play a key role in bringing AI applications into clinical practice? Do you want to work on meaningful projects and have an impact?
We are looking for an ambitious Business Development Manager to enhance our team and to help us build and distribute the next generation of machine learning applications for the healthcare industry.
What we do
At Merantix Healthcare, we aim to make high-quality diagnostic services accessible to patients all around the world by applying machine learning to medical images. Our product, Vara, enables radiologists to reach superior diagnostic performance at spotting cancer by automating the diagnosis of non-malignant exams.
Our team is made up of 25 entrepreneurs, medical doctors, and engineers from top-tier companies (e.g. Google, Amazon, BCG) and universities (e.g. Oxford, Stanford, University of St. Gallen) around the world. We’re based in Europe’s startup capital, Berlin, and are growing quickly!
Further information can be found on our website: www.varahealthcare.com.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be an all-rounder that will work independently on different topics which are targeted at positioning our medical products in the market and distributing them through strategic partnerships. Additionally, you will support us in growing our organization and improving our internal processes. Your main responsibilities include:
- Work closely with our CEO on company and product strategy, pricing, and PR;
- Lead strategic projects such as insurance/government projects, pilot tests or new use cases;
- Identify and enter new markets all around the world;
- Improve processes/solutions in business operations and key account management;
- Represent our company at international conferences;
- Work on legal assessments in the field of medical device legislation and data privacy;
- Support the scaling up and structuring of our sales organization.
We are looking for driven, visionary and thoughtful people with a proven track record of personal and professional achievements:
- Track record in a similar role, e.g. management consulting or sales/business development in a tech company;
- Project management skills in customer facing settings;
- Profound interest in technology and a good technical understanding;
- Well-structured and independent work method;
- Entrepreneurial drive, willingness to take responsibility, high ambition and the ability to achieve goals collaboratively;
- Excellent verbal and written communication (DE/EN) and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with biz, tech and medical teams;
- Preferably, industry experience in the healthcare sector.
What We Offer
- Flat hierarchies: You will be working alongside our founders and report directly to them;
- Exciting growth phase: Be at the center of distributing our product and service all over Europe;
- Creative and technical environment: As we work on cutting-edge technology, we are forced to do things differently and take new paths. We love challenging the status quo and finding creative solutions for challenges;
- Professional development: We encourage our employees to continuously develop their skill set at conferences, workshops, seminars or through other methods;
- Collaborative culture: We have regular offsites and team dinners. If you want to participate, that’s great! And if you don’t, that’s fine, too.