Customer Success Manager- Key Accounts // Contentful
Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is part of Contentful’s Customer Success Management organization, reporting into the Director of Customer Success EMEA
[Relationship] The Key Account Customer Success Manager is responsible for the overall success and growth of the customer and serves as the primary program management liaison for a designated group of customers. Has deep understanding of customers’ industry and market environment, its disruptors, shifts and trends. Had detailed knowledge of the customer’s business objectives and programs, on corporate and subsidiary level. Is strategically focused and responsible for customer success and satisfaction, maintaining the customer communication.
[Execution] Plans and oversees local and enterprise-level initiatives. Ensures quality service and operational performance within the parameters of the program. Works with the Services team, driving execution of implementation projects and ensuring on-time delivery of projects that support the customer’s overall program and its business goals.
[Adoption and Growth] Monitors adoption across all of a customer’s projects, identifying both risks and opportunities. Expansion oriented and working to grow the customer relationship by identifying new business opportunities. Collaborates with Sales and Services to demonstrate value, and to identify opportunities for expanded services business and needs.
In addition to working with business leaders and executives, you’ll have conversations with developers and other technical stakeholders so your background should include enough technical experience for you to be credible and persuasive with your audience.
- Become customers’ trusted advisor and serve as their advocate inside Contentful
- Guide and help customers at each stage in their journey with us: from onboarding, to initial projects’ success, to expanding use of Contentful
- Develop strong knowledge of the Contentful product and our best-practices; share your knowledge with our customers to help them achieve their goals
- Prepare, organize, and lead check-in calls, meetings, and business reviews with customers
- Connect customers with other subject matter experts within Contentful including Engineering and Product Management
- Efficiently juggle multiple requests from multiple customers
- Travel (approximately 25%) to meet our customers and colleagues in person (including periodic international travel)
- Identify expansion opportunities with your customers and coordinate with our sales team to achieve win-win contract growth
- 5+ years professional experience in an outward-facing role such as customer success management, account management, program management or consulting
- Experience at a B2B Saas company
- Experience working with solution architects and/or technical support teams to solve customers’ technical challenges
- Familiarity with current web and mobile technologies
- Success driving strategy and achieving outcomes for large enterprises
- Listens and probes to understand, diagnose and understand what matters most to customers
- Ability to efficiently prioritize a large number of competing requests
- CMS experience and knowledge (either as a developer or author) is a plus
- Fluent German or French language skills are a plus
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team’s processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!