Key Account Manager – EDEKA (gn)
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 40 million users in 16 countries saving more than 80 million meals from going to waste – which is over 195,000 CO2 saved. (This is a fantastic achievement, and it doesn’t stop here – with every magic bag that is rescued, the amount of CO2 saved keeps rising!)
You will be paving the path for Too Good To Go in the German market, focussing on the Edeka account and its subsidiaries. A large part of the role in the first few months will be managing a portfolio of Edeka HQ and regional Edeka HQ’s in a way that will promote optimal success.
- Sole account management as a leading representative of Too Good To Go, ensuring our partnerships are on-target to meet business KPIs.
- Onboarding and training new stores in an efficient and scalable way, working with store-level contacts and senior stakeholders.
- Identify new and innovative opportunities to improve the success with the existing accounts, helping them save more meals.
- Roll out a seamless collaboration between Too Good To Go and our Edeka accounts within this region, working closely on strategic planning and the management of client expectations.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience within a B2B Business Development environment – (B2B sales experience within a supermarket would be advantageous)
- Fluency in German and English is a must.
- Full driving licence, with use of own vehicle – highly valued due to varied store locations.
- Confident when speaking to stakeholders at varying levels, with an ability to adapt your key message depending on the audience.
- Highly organised, with sharp attention to detail and capability of working independently on tasks, yet aware of when to ask for help.
- Negotiation skills: Confidence to lead negotiations, create and deliver high impact pitches.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Creativity and outside-of-the-box thinking, who enjoys working cross-functionally to come up with winning ideas and strategies.
- A fast learner who can handle working in a busy environment managing a workload of multiple tasks.
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1050 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 16 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.