Sales Strategy and Operations Manager (m/f/d)
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers.
Not a scientist or researcher? Never heard of us? That’s okay.
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
The Sales Strategy and Operations Manager will be a key member and provide critical business insights across our business verticals (Marketing Solutions, Publisher Solutions and Scientific Talent). This role will also be the interface between SSO & adjacent teams in the Sales funnel – including marketing and finance.
The role will report to our Head of Sales Strategy and Operations, who leads our central commercial strategy and operations function. This team is instrumental in developing our global go-to-market strategy and maintaining all operational aspects of the sales organization, helping redefine how ResearchGate’s customers support scientists.
Objective of the Role
- Partner with the Head of Sales for Publisher Solutions, the Head of Strategy & Operations for Publisher Solutions, and VP – Commercial Solutions to develop and drive the organization’s commercial business operations, including owning key initiatives independently.
- Set up metrics and key performance indicators that drive the vertical’s sales focus. This includes conversion rate between funnel stages, deal velocity, quota attainment, average order size, quarterly revenue, retention rates, and other measurable results.
- Work with the Product, Marketing, Finance and Legal functions to launch new products & business models within the vertical.
- Partner with the Sales Finance & Marketing teams, improving the operation of the marketing, sales, & revenue funnels
- Introduce and continuously develop the appropriate tools for customer management, inventory forecasting, internal communications, access to information, business processes, sales material, and train our sales team to use them efficiently.
- Monitor performance of the above mentioned tasks and fine tune and adjust the operations plan as needed.
- 4+ years of work experience, including 2+ years of sales strategy and operations experience, preferably including strategy consulting or experience in a tech B2B sales or SaaS Platform organization.
- Track record of solving process-based operational bottlenecks with the ability to switch context across multiple projects
- Demonstrated business acumen and experience driving an agenda across cross-functional teams in a way that builds buy-in and ensures executions.
- Strong analytical skills and affinity for data-driven approaches.
- Proven ability to define, refine, and implement successful sales processes, procedures, and policies.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools preferred.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, with fluent and idiomatic English.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Information Technology, or related field. MBA or other relevant advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience in building business models around the monetization of a platform is a plus
You’ll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you’ll be interviewed by the people you’ll be working with.
Our headquarters are located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world. We are a digital first organisation and support mobile and flexible working.