Brand Design Lead // Marley Spoon
Brand Design Lead
Some say that people eat with their eyes first. That’s why, for us at Marley Spoon, creating an inspiring user experience is key. We’re working hard to bring delightful, market-fresh, easy cooking back to the people. Our chefs create inspiring and mouthwatering recipes every week, our customers select what they’d like to cook and we deliver the recipes with all the ingredients they need. We are a growing business across 3 continents, 6 countries, 700+ employees and use technology to re-invent the global food supply chain to reduce unethical food waste.
The Design Team at Marley Spoon is young and growing, with a mission to design the best home-cooking experience for our customers. We’re looking for an exceptional Brand Design Lead who will be a creative lead in our marketing and brand projects, inspire colleagues with strategic thinking, original ideas and exceptional craftsmanship, across our physical and digital experience.
What you’ll do
- Lead and mentor a team of brand designers in collaborating, thinking holistically and continually learning.
- Provide creative leadership of the global visual brand, identity and its translation across print, experiential, environmental and online design across for Marley Spoon brands across markets.
- Work closely with stakeholders around the globe to translate insights, frame problems and set the direction.
- Work closely with the brand design team to establish and maintain design standards and guidelines.
- Continually evaluate marketing and campaign strategies and drive design vision by actively contributing ideas to initiatives.
- Work closely with the team to ensure solutions are realised and delivered to the highest quality of creative standards.
- Work closely with UX counterparts to seamlessly marry brand into our digital touchpoints.
- Be an active member of the broader Design team — share your knowledge, offer constructive critique at design reviews and help build the design culture within the wider company.
Who we believe you are to excel in this role
- A skilled Brand Designer with 5+ years of professional experience, either in-house or in an agency within the disciplines of brand strategy, concept design and campaign design for food, e-commerce or retail.
- Someone with a proven track of implemented projects for large clients.
- A storyteller confident in engaging in the strategic dimension of brand design and with a vision that translates into compelling visuals, iconography, typography, photography, animation and infographics.
- Someone with the ability to work independently, as well as proven experience with leading projects, while managing budgets and timeline.
- A strong facilitator and presenter, with the ability to build confidence and push to make change happen.
- Someone with a proactive, here-to-help attitude and believes in the value of collaboration.
- A problem solver, not afraid to challenge the ordinary, and with the creative chops and drive to bring your ideas to life.
- [Bonus] Experienced with working with remote stakeholders.
- [Bonus] Experienced with working for the Australian and American market.
- [Bonus] Experienced with video and TVC production.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to actively shape the vision and direction of Design at Marley Spoon.
- The challenge of working with an exciting, visceral subject that is food.
- Monthly inspiration sessions with the team as well as external designers.
- A growing Design library for and by the team.
- Fun team events!
- Our meal kit, free and delivered home for you to try!
- Delicious food occasionally delivered from the test-kitchen.
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities.
- Participate in Marley Spoon’s success with an outstanding employee virtual share program.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us change the way people cook, write to us and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job.
We have worked hard to build a diverse team of inspiring and passionate people. We encourage people of all genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientation to apply!