Design Strategist // Goodpatch
Strategic design at Goodpatch requires the ability to seamlessly translate between different mindsets, perspectives, and ways of thinking. This is only possible with great empathy, the capability to see the big picture, and a curiosity for all new things. All of this is held together by our shared belief in the importance of design in this world.
As a design strategist, you will work closely with the client and your team to ensure the right environment to create world-class products and experiences. Our ideal candidate has creative confidence, can comfortably navigate areas of uncertainty, enjoys blurring the boundaries of strategy and creativity, and takes on a transformative role to stimulate change on multiple levels within the organisation.
Once you are here you will
- Conceptualise, design, and develop innovative products, services, and elegant user experiences for startups and corporates alike.
- Create a fruitful environment for human-centered product and service development within the client organisation, and support teams support in adopting new ways of working and solving problems.
- Look for inspiration that drives your thinking and ideation about the world as “it should be” rather than as “it is now”. You apply methods like interviews and user testings, to create a wide range of opportunities that can be embedded into the big picture narrative.
- Tell the compelling story of your team’s work, the process that went into it, and the insights that inspired it. You help our partners create buy-in within their organisation by making complex ideas and visions tangible.
- Provide relevant business perspectives on challenges that resonate with the client. You use strategy tools to connect user insights with the client’s objectives and understand business modelling as a way to ensure the sustainability of great ideas.
- You can take on the role of product leader and transport products from idea to market. You empower your team, help others be successful, and are open to learning new things, every day.
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent life experience.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in German and English.
- Ability to be an active part of multidisciplinary design teams in a dynamic environment.
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to reduce complexity and being comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience and ability to smoothly deal with organisational processes, interactions and challenges.
- In-depth knowledge and interest in at least one relevant product and service development approach like UX, design thinking, service design or similar.
- A willingness to travel, get your hands dirty and to not just consult but also produce tangible output.
- Serious addiction to getting and giving feedback, both internal and external (from users, partners and data).
- Handing off your work to your counterpart in another discipline takes trust, and you understand what it takes to get there and keep those relationships running smoothly.
- A bright, spacious and cozy office space in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg and additional Budgets for Conferences, Training, Books, Gadgets, Public Transportation and Fitness.
- Monthly team dinners in Berlin and a lively and inspiring office culture with weekly team breakfasts & design review sessions.
- MacBook and flex hours.
- Opportunity to travel to Japan and work together with our colleagues at Goodpatch Tokyo.
- Working with a fun, talented and international team that aims to create a caring and inclusive workplace.
Who we are
Goodpatch is a global design firm with a 160-person team across studios in Tokyo, Berlin and Munich.
We help businesses to design and develop digital services, create our own products and collaborate in ventures. Some of our past and current clients include Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance, Deutsche Börse, Emmy, Mimi Hearing, Zenjob, R&V and many more.
If you are available any time soon and are ready to “WOW” us, quickly brush up your CV and explain in a letter of motivation why you want to work in Strategy at Goodpatch. Send your application via Email to Sandra at [email protected] Let us know, who you are and which of your personal strengths makes us want YOU.