Game Artist (f/m/d) // Etermax
Etermax – Berlin Studio
Our games beat the 350 million player mark and have over 25 million daily active users worldwide. Great hits that back us up include: Trivia Crack, Pictionary, Trivia Crack Kingdoms and Aworded Crack.
Having our headquarters located in Argentina, Etermax Berlin is our very first gaming studio that was founded (2017) in Europe. For this relatively young office we are looking to form a team of international and enthusiastic professionals. As a part of this brand new studio, you’ll be able to influence and see the impact of your work on millions of users, from the top talent recruitment to the evolution of the teams and everything in between.
At Etermax we rest on two essential pillars which allow us to provide value at a steady, sustainable and uninterrupted pace: innovation and continuous improvement. As a result, we foster a culture that emphasises people and their growth.We have a deep commitment to understanding the industry we’re in and strive to make decisions that positively impact our users and products while keeping the process fun and innovative.
About the Role
You will have a chance to work as part of a small, international and autonomous team developing games. At Etermax, an Artist creates assets that drive the visual identity and user interface of the games. You will work closely with other artists, product owners, game designers and developers as part of a high performance team.
You have the creativity our games need for millions of users to fall in love with them!
- Owning the artistic vision of our games
- Creating game art
- Working on Marketing assets
- Participating in studio’s visual branding
- Working together with the team on game ideas, brainstorming and prototyping
What we expect from you
- Ability to create concept art and adapt as needed to style changes
- You are used to taking on projects from a very early stage – from written brief to final production
- Ability to communicate visually, and to identify and define visual design issues / solutions
- 5+ years experience in games development (ideally with at least one title from scratch)
- Excellent software skills in Adobe Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator are a must)
- Experience making 2D animations, preferably knowledge of Spine
- A passion for games, virtual worlds and social networking
- Fluent in English
- Valid EU work permit
- Previous experience with Unity (is a plus)
- Experience with Gitlab/Github (is a plus)
- Understanding of Free-to-Play games (is a plus)
- Experience in Indie game development (is a plus)
What we have to offer
- We care about people and their happiness
- Monthly team events
- 25 paid vacation days
- Competitive, top-of-market compensation
- Unlimited employment contract
- Professional growth opportunities
- Allocated training budget
- Flat structures and open communication
- Top quality equipment
- Office located in Berlin’s tech hotspot “Kreuzberg”
- Free breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, smoothies, coffee and various soft drinks
- Regular gaming over coffee breaks and board game nights in the office
We look forward to getting to know you!
Please submit your application in English.