(Junior) Designer/Illustrator m/f/d (Berlin, full-time/part-time)
- Producing digital print designs, from conception to delivery, including:
- Working with the Chief Creative Officer and Buying team to identify key wall art and commercial trends
- Sourcing imagery, vectors, and typefaces, and/or conceptualising, illustrating, and lettering new print designs
- Quickly and efficiently producing new poster designs based on the briefings, maintaining brand consistency and high-quality standards
- Owning the process of creating design creation from start to finish, including from ideation to coordination with stakeholders, deadline communication and management, and feedback rounds.
- Successfully completed an apprenticeship or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study with excellence (e.g. certified Graphic/Media Designer, B.A. Communication Design)
- Proven skill as a creative designer with Illustration skills; lettering is a plus
- Enthusiasm for digital design with a strong affinity for art and design, a high degree of willingness to further deepen your knowledge in related topics
- Comfortable working with Adobe Creative Suite, particular illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign, as well as an openness to deepen your knowledge of the technical aspects of these programs.
- An ability to channel your creativity into different forms, aesthetics, and directions, and to step outside your comfort zone to create work that appeals to different tastes and styles. A desire to develop and learn and an ability to handle constructive criticism and feedback in a collaborative environment
- A creative mindset and an obsessive eye for detail, dedicated to meeting high creative standards
- You are organised and have a proactive, efficient approach to your work
- Highly motivated, proactive team player who is ready to take on the responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, German is a plus
This role could be full- or part-time depending on experience and availability.
MORE THAN A JOB
Our renovated factory-floor office is flooded with light, filled with plants, and sits on the border of Mitte and Kreuzberg—just a stone’s throw away from the river Spree and Markthalle Neun. We have an open feedback culture with biannual appraisals while offering internal training and workshops for personal and professional development. Due to the ongoing Corona situation, we are currently working remotely, but with lots of engagement between teams—for work and fun—and we are doing as much as we can to support our colleagues as the situation develops.
Our international team is made up of 27 nationalities and proudly boasts two dogs—English is our lingua franca, but you’ll hear lots of languages (and the odd woof) around the office. Our kitchen sports a fridge stocked with beer and wine for after-work wind-down time and random moments of celebration. In addition to enjoying a 30% discount on all JUNIQE art, our employees also benefit from a range of partnerships including reduced membership at the Urban Sports Club.
Did this speak to you? Send a cover letter including your desired starting date, availability (full-time or part-time) and salary indication, along with your CV and portfolio.