Lead Designer (m/f/div) // FinLeap
Founded in Berlin in 2014, finleap is Europe’s number one Fintech ecosystem. We are renowned for our fast execution in building successful, innovative and market-changing Fintech companies. Combining entrepreneurial execution, technological capabilities and diverse talent from over 55 different countries, finleap continuously challenges the status quo to reshape the way technology impacts the financial market. With 13 established ventures and new ones being launched each year, we have a wide variety of opportunities.
In this role, you will be part of the finleap’s Studio Team. This team focuses on finleap’s new ideas and is usually involved during the first 6-12 months of a new venture. You will take the Design Lead to validate the business concept, build the first product iterations and establish best practices in building digital products. Towards the end of a project, your goal will be to have established a strong and sustainable product culture and team for the venture.
What will keep you challenged?
- You are responsible for defining the visual identity of new business ideas
- You thrive to create an outstanding user experience
- You conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex FinTech concepts
- You execute all design stages, from idea to pixel perfect design layout
- You work in a small team of specialists and also coordinate other internal and external designers
- You collaborate with the engineering team to integrate your design concepts
- You take responsibility to ensure successful results
- You stay on top of current industry trends
What will help you succeed?
- You think Product Management and Product Design goes hand in hand
- We are looking for lateral thinkers, who can think outside of the box and find the next disruptor
- You bring 4+ years of work experience within the field of User Interface Design
- Strong experience with fundamental user-centered, usability, and interaction design principles
- Be an expert in the tools you use (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch etc.)
- Experience designing across multiple device types (desktop and mobile, native and web)
- Willing to collaborate with developers to create visuals in an agile way
- Very good communication skills, high proficiency in English
- Strong feeling for workflows and user interaction
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast paced international start-up environment
- Entrepreneurial drive to create successful products
- Our applicants are usually in the top 10-20% of their academic or professional peer group
What’s in it for you?
- You experience profit from working with Serial Entrepreneurs who co-founded over 10 successful companies
- You get a rewarding career where you continuously grow in a performance driven culture
- You get access to a well-established network in Berlin’s start-up scene
- You enjoy a competitive remuneration package and much more
- You work with a highly motivated and skilled team of subject matter experts
- You have the opportunity to attend German classes and numerous events