Lead Product Designer // Fy
We’re building the world’s largest marketplace of emerging and established brands selling cool, affordable homeware, art, jewellery, accessories and more. We believe shopping online should be simple, fast, visual and relevant. Our brands are passionate about design and are looking to only sell on platforms that share that passion and make their products look stunning.
Great design is critical to achieving our mission. You’ll be our first product design hire and will be responsible for defining and delivering world class design experiences that our shoppers and brands love using. You’ll be shaping existing and new products from the ground up, championing customer needs and developing design systems and processes to deliver this consistently amazing experiences.
This is a critical, senior hire for Fy! and you’ll have smashed it out the park if within 18 months of starting:
- We’ve significantly moved on our user experiences – as evidenced through both quantitate and qualitative metrics
- We’ve got a strong Fy! design system in place
- Product, design, engineering and growth teams are working in blissful harmony
For the right person this is a career defining role in one of Europe’s fastest growing consumer businesses.
What you’ll be up to
- Designing and iterating product experiences that make complex user flows beautifully simple, intuitive and delightful
- Creating a Fy! design system – visual, interaction, typographic and hierarchy – for use across all our platforms that ensures a high quality consistent experience whilst helping us speed up product development.
- Champion user centric product thinking and contribute to strategic product thinking – helping to define product goals, KPIs and user requirements.
- Work with product, growth and engineering teams to define and iterate processes to ensure product management, growth, design and engineering are working seamlessly together.
- Use data, analytics and customer research to inform the product and growth roadmap. This includes taking a growth mindset to rolling out designs in small steps to validate hypotheses / assumptions.
- Bring your ideas to life through rapid prototyping, getting feedback internally and from customers early and often
- In time you’ll be responsible for hiring, leading and developing a team of product designers and shaping the design culture at Fy!
Who are we looking for?
- First and foremost you’ve got 4+ years of product design experience in a consumer start up, brand, marketplace or agency
- You’ve got a great product design portfolio that shows a mastery of understanding customer needs, design principles and exceptional attention to detail
- Ideally, you’ve got significant experience across both consumer mobile app and web product design
- You’ve been a team leader on projects and can facilitate discussions, debates and feedback sessions.
- You ❤️ running user research and using it to inform design decisions
- You’re highly collaborative and know that the best design outcomes involve design, product and engineering working closely together.
- You’ve obsessive about growth and learning. You hold strong opinions but will change them based on new information. You have an open, curious mindset.
- Of course, you’re a master of design software and have a strong understanding of HTML, CSS.
- Ideally, you’re passionate to the point of geekery about design, fashion, shopping and cool products
- This is an unparalleled experience to work in one of Europe’s fastest growing brands whilst making a name for yourself. If we hit our objectives you’ll inevitably be one of the most sought after talents in growth in Europe.
- Impact and influence – you’ll be joining a small but high performance team in a key role. You’ll have a massive impact on the Fy! product
- An incredible learning experience in building and scaling a global consumer brand. You’ll be working as part of a team who have over 50 years combined experience starting, scaling and exiting consumer businesses (onefinestay, Fab.com, Monoqi, Zipcar, Zulily, Google, Tuenti, TicTail…)…
- You’ll be exposed to everything entailed in scaling a digital startup – marketing, product, ops, engineering etc.