Lead Product Designer – IoT Product (m/f/d)
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark – the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Currently, we are seeking a Lead Product Designer for our IIoT Products to join our team and be based in our Berlin office. You will be working in a cross-functional team with product owners, subject matter experts, researchers, designers, engineers and data scientists in order to deliver one of relayr’s signature B2B products. We uncover the jobs-to-be-done and resolve complexity with simplicity and delight. Our solutions help industrial businesses to IoTize their business and stay relevant.
As a Lead Product Designer, you participate in shaping the product strategy, create meaningful experiences, maximize the data–ink–ratio and establish a visual standard in the B2B IIoT domain. You combine strong interaction & visual acumen, facilitation skills and empathy to craft experiences that lead our users to knowledge and informed action. In this role, you work roughly 70% on UX and 30% on UI. You will be on a specialist career path exerting lateral leadership instead of people management.
Above all we are looking for people who will contribute to the success of relayr. We love diverse experiences, so even if you don’t meet all the requirements but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you will be working on:
- Design concepts, features and flows and collaborate with the team on the next big leap, the sprints ahead as well as improving the current release.
- Lead through all stages of the product development process, from problem framing, through ideation, user flows and prototyping, ending with high-fidelity designs.
- Collaborate closely with the agile development team to ship customer-centric, high-quality and delightful experiences.
- Work closely with product managers, domain experts, research & analytics to understand the competitive landscape, identify jobs-to-be-done, understand target user & context, and validate your assumptions.
- Coordinate research efforts, interpret qualitative and quantitative results, and turn insights into improvements.
- Measure the success of your decisions with the team, share reports and iterate where needed.
- Help to grow our design team maturity, improve processes, and participate in broader design team activities.
- At least 7 years of experience in agile software development
- T-shaped skillset and product mindset, embracing multidisciplinary teamwork, deep user empathy and customer-centric product development processes.
- Track-record of working on IIoT use cases like pattern recognition, data visualizations and alert management.
- A high level of proficiency in Figma.
- Strong communication skills. You know that the success of whatever you are working on relies on the energy and attitude you bring to it.
- Formal education in the study of Digital Design, Interaction Design, Software Product Design, or equivalent
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Kreuzberg or Munich Central Tower with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are – join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, access our expanding professional library, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary
- We fully support your move to Berlin or Munich with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 30 paid vacation days + public holidays
- We partner with Fürstenberg Institute to provide our employees with psychological support and career coaching.
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.