Product Designer // Legal OS
As a Product Designer at Legal OS you will design the complete product experience of a leading edge legal tech product, from the initial IA and UX through to the final hi-fi designs. You will be supported by a user researcher and product manager, and you will report directly to the CPO/co-founder.
About Legal OS
Legal OS’s platform enables lawyers to automate the lawyer-client relationship. Their library of machine-readable content allows lawyers to deliver digital contracts to their clients and embed the inherent data into the tools they use every day. We are an interdisciplinary team of engineers, legal professionals, product people, and researchers building a new infrastructure for law. We are a venture-funded startup with offices in the heart of Berlin.
- Work closely with the CPO, Product Manager, and clients helping them realise their product vision.
- You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and sales teams to find the best solutions to design challenges.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches, wireframes and prototypes.
- Coordinate user research work – including user interviews, usability tests, surveys, research reports, and personas.
- Keep up to date with the latest UX and Service Design practices and tools as well as contributing to the company’s blog.
- Experienced – Proven 5+ years of experience designing digital products (b2b preferred) in a start-up environment and agile practices.
- Detail Oriented – Obsessive attention to detail; high, unforgiving standards.
- Research Driven – You have worked extensively with user researchers, ideally as a user researcher, to understand how to synthesise user needs into innovative solutions.
- Strong Communicator – Strong communication skills and initiative that help you work with product (especially researchers) and engineering to make product visions come to life.
- Flexible – As we are a startup the goalposts are often moving. Work is constantly reconsidered. Pivots happen.
- Portfolio – A strong online portfolio of work, demonstrating artistic competency and a grasp of simple, intuitive interface design.
What we offer
The opportunity to join a team working on a hugely disruptive product early-on in our journey. We’re an ambitious, creative team, and we believe our product could change the global legal sector. We believe personal growth and well-being is essential which is why we want to offer some special benefits to all of our employees
- Competitive Vacation – We offer 5 weeks of paid vacation each year, with plenty of scope to take additional working holidays or unpaid vacation.
- Flexible Working – We care most about delivering great work and building a world class product. If you sometimes want to do this while sipping on a cocktail in the Bahamas, that’s cool. All we ask is you’re in the office for key meetings and ceremonies, and that you build a strong relationship with the team.
- Discounted Gym Membership – 50% off Urban Sports Club. If you’re an existing member of a different gym/sports club, we can talk.
- Free Beer, Coffee, Fruit – Fruit basket arrives on monday morning. Coffee is high quality. And the beer is (almost) bottomless.
- Fun, Social, International Team – We have team members from Japan, England, France, Canada, and Colombia. We have meals together, karaoke together, play poker together and have had a number of company retreats to our property in the south of France.