Product Designer – French Speaker
WHO WE ARE
If you are looking to have an impact on the world, then read carefully because at Choco, we are moving mountains to transition the world’s food systems to become more sustainable. The food industry is an industry with essential problems, especially in food-supply-chain. We leverage technology to build the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. We have the potential to reduce complexity in the supply chain, decrease food waste by 30%.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and had drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We recently raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in European history.
Technology is at the core of our work. We are product-minded builders, architects, coders, bug-hunters and designers. We deliver the needed change via our mobile and web apps using cutting-edge tools, modern engineering practices and always keeping software quality on our radar. Of course, it’s not only about working with top-notch tools but keep hiring excellent engineers too.
Join us in leading the world’s transition to sustainable food systems.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our product designers are throughout the company the advocate for our diverse customers ranging from chefs to restaurant managers, from farmers to food suppliers. Through research and interviews they develop a deep understanding of the user\’s needs and actively share these insights to help drive product decisions.
Our product designers are deeply embedded in our product teams. They partner, as equals, with product managers and engineers to address user needs. Ultimately product designers are accountable for the quality and impact of the user experience.
Our product designers are an active part of a multidisciplinary design team, together with design researcher, UX copywriters and visual designers. The design team ensures a coherent experience through all touch-points of the customer journey.
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT IF…
- The first must-have is to speak French, the reason behind it is that one of our strongest markets is France and you’ll be able to discuss a lot with our users over there to get their feedback and improve our product!
- you have 3+ years of experience as Product Designer working in cross-functional teams
- you are a pragmatic perfectionist, who understands that trade-offs need to be made, but still apply their craft with a great attention to detail
- you are capable of coupling abstract thoughts and ideas from different contexts with deep user understanding to discover unique and thought-provoking insights
- you have a solid background in user research and usability testing and are able to turn insights into value-adding features and improvements
- you were involved in the end to end design and development of outstanding products and are capable of walking us through
- you are highly skilled in modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch and can bring design ideas to life with low and high fidelity prototypes
- you have experience working with and developing design systems
- you are a great communicator who can present design work and user insights confidently to stakeholders, building trusting & collaborative relationships
- you’re passionate, bold and hardworking and are excited by big challenges