Product Designer (UX/UI) at Educational Music-Tech Start Up
At Skoove, we unlock the magic of playing an instrument. With more than 1 million users today, we create interactive apps to learn piano and guitar. With our team of more than 20 certified music nuts, we combine learning science, audio technology, and machine learning to build a unique company in the music tech space.
You have the central role in the conceptualisation and design of our web, iOS and Android music learning apps. You translate user and business needs into impactful design solutions to constantly improve our KPIs. You drive new product user and business needs into impactful design solutions to constantly improve our KPIs. You drive new product features from the idea, to a fully specified concept and high-fidelity design, ready to be implemented.
You have 5+ years of experience designing effortless and beautiful apps that make a difference. You have unstoppable curiosity about what drives learners and are always on the search for the creative and pragmatic solution. Do you have what it takes to join our band? Apply now!
- You design the user experience and user interface of our mobile, tablet and web/desktop application.
- You drive all stages of the product design process from user research and ideation, prototyping and user testing, to high-fidelity visual designs, ready for implementation. This covers flowcharts, wireframes, low-fidelity mockups and usable prototypes. detailed concept specifications, and motion design principles.
- You are closely working with the CEO (PO and art director), the Director Instrumental Teaching, and the development team to deliver lean solutions.
- You are responsible for organising projects, following the design processes and the agile methodology.
- Together with the Director Instrumental Teaching, you build low-fidelity prototypes, organise user tests, analyse and iterate.
- You manage freelancers. agencies, interns and working students. You provide design principles and creative brief to external designers, and ensure delivered creative adhere to corporate identity.
- As Skoove\’s central design resource, your creativity and visual guidance help the marketing team to drive impactful campaigns. For key campaigns, you will also work on marketing assets hands on.
- You have 5+ years of experience owning product design in a fast-paced agile team, building apps used by thousands.
- Your designs have a proven track record to impact company KPIs and user engagement.
- You are an enthusiastic professional with a degree related to user experience and user interface design.
- You are proficient in today\’s graphic creation, motion design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, AfterEffect, Invision, Lottie, etc.
- You love to build lean prototypes hands on and observe the impact in user interviews.
- You like to balance organisational excellence and process knowledge with a creative approach.
- You are fluent in English (speaking and writing), German is a plus
- Experience in e-Learning, music, or games is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- The ability to work in a cutting-edge field, with some of the best people in music tech
- Competitive Salary
- Lean hierarchies and short decision-making processes – you will work hand in hand with the CEO
- A diverse and super friendly international team
- An amazing office in trendy Berlin, Friedrichshain. Fresh fruits, good coffee and a sunny terrace ☀️
- In case you plan to move to Berlin, we will support you while settling in
- Flexible working hours and remote work possibilities
- At the start, mostly remote due to Covid. After Covid regulations are relaxes, the majority of the time needs to be spent in the Berlin office
- Cover Letter and resume
- Your are holder of a German/European work permit
Join an exceptional multinational team and shape the future of music making. Enjoy a positive and purpose-driven working atmosphere in our office in Berlin-Friedrichshain. You have what it takes to make a difference? Come, join the band!