Product Designer (UX/UI) (m/f/x)
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips and ideas, connecting members in 11 countries on three continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte/Brazil, Guadalajara/Mexico, London /United Kingdom, Lyon/France and Mumbai/India and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz (Germany) and 11 more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
If you’re passionate about shipping elegant and thoughtful designs while balancing business objectives and designing for real users (millions of people use our product), we’d love to hear from you. As a Product Designer at Pepper.com you’ll be part of one of our cross-functional teams with the opportunity to evolve and grow our international community-driven platform. You’ll be challenged daily with design problems large and small, contributing in a significant way to the future of the Pepper.com platform. But you won’t have to do it alone, of course. You’ll work as an equal partner on a level playing field with your assigned cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, and stakeholders putting your design thinking and skills to work to bring it all to life.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working within a cross-functional team, you will be iterating on existing features and developing new ones for our international platform.
- Providing fresh and validated insights, new concepts and improvements to the user experience of a 25 million user global deal community.
- Testing a variety of different design approaches with real users, interviewing them and generating user learnings from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Creating wireframes, flows, prototypes… to communicate and document design.
- Collaborating with a truly global team playing a pivotal role in creating and refining internal processes and improving communication between teams.
The qualities we are looking for are:
- A strong portfolio of relevant digital product design examples showing a clear understanding of the information architecture, user research and Interaction design as well as the layout, typography and visual hierarchy.
- 3+ years of experience designing digital products.
- You have user research experience to discover and validate your design concepts and solutions
- You have experience building and maintaining design systems.
- You think in terms of responsive, scalable systems, not one-off solutions.
- Skilled at using modern design and prototyping tools such as Anima, Figma, Framer, Invision etc.
- Familiarity with front-end engineering. You should be able to understand how your prototypes will be built and factor that into your solutions.
- You’re comfortable with constructive feedback as part of the design process and are confident in clearly explaining your design decisions.
- You take pride in your collaboration skills, and you look forward to partnering with our team of product managers, developers, and other designers to create beautiful and functional solutions in an agile environment.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, whether in one-on-one or group situations.
Nice to have:
- You’ve got experience designing native applications for iOS and/or Android, and you know your way around their respective design languages.
Some perks of working for Pepper.com are:
- Any tech/gadgets/apps you need to get your job done
- Personal development budget for attending conferences and/or training workshops
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- The cosy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc… (when it is allowed again)
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city centre easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the startup scene.
- Join the best Berlin employer of 2017! Read more about us here!
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application, including a compelling motivation letter, an arranged CV and design portfolio. We would also like to know your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectation.