Senior Game Designer (f/m/x)
KLANG IS A WELL-FUNDED ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECTS IN A WAY THAT’S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
Are you an experienced Game Designer? Klang is looking for a Game Designer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment to join us in one of the most exciting cities on the planet!
- Create clear and concise design documents that fit into the game’s vision
- Communicate design objectives and strategies to multidisciplinary teams
- Work with teams to scope, estimate and plan features
- Collaborate with the design team defining the Seed design direction
- Work with external advisors coming from a wide range of fields
- Validate designs through user testing
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You have 3+ years experience as a professional game designer
- Shipped at least one successful PC game in a similar role
- You have a great understanding of designing emotion from gameplay and what motivates players
- You are enthusiastic about game design processes and methodology
- You are experienced working in an agile development environment
- You have great communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Passion for gaming, preferably multiplayer, sandbox and simulation games
- Keen interest for/background in sociology/psychology/political sciences
- Knowledge of Unity
- Paper prototyping experience
- Familiarity with utility based AI systems
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Our own cafeteria serving free lunches daily
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Free and discounted memberships with Urban Sports Club
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Relocation assistance and visa support
- Remote on-boarding
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.