Senior Industrial Designer
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
We are currently seeking a passionate and talented Industrial Designer to join our creative team. The ideal candidate should have 5 years of relevant working experience and a strong portfolio with a clear emphasis on user centric methodologies, design thinking, concept visualization, and product industrial development. The position is based in Berlin.
What will be your impact?
As Industrial Designer, you will be part of the design department (Industrial design, UX UI design, Strategic design) and collaborate with our engineering,crops science, marketing and operation teams to create professional design solutions to develop the future of indoor farming products and its associated operational tools.
You will actively participate and potentially lead all stages of concept development including, field research and needs assessment, co-creation and visualization and industrial development.
User-Centric and hardware UX minded
You are fluent with user-centric design methodology within the design development process. You know how to engage with end users throughout the project development phases: From preliminary field research to usability testing. You have experience in running workshops and act as a design advocate on this topic.
The product you will design is part of a global system. You know how to understand the whole product & user journey and the needs associated with each step. You have experience analysing and solving the core human factors needs in terms of ergonomics and general product affordance. Preferably you have experience in fields such as medical design and other professional oriented products.
With a solid technical knowhow
You demonstrate a deep understanding of material and process applications as they relate to manufacturing and costs. You are able to work & communicate effectively with an engineering team to maintain the key design intent while negotiating manufacturing and cost tradeoffs.
You foster collaboration between cross team members and other stakeholders.
You aim at understanding their needs and be able to define the relevant scope of work. You understand how to share work & communicate accordingly to the product & project manager to meet time and budget requirements.
You are self-motivated with a strong work ethic and positive attitude. You understand failure as being part of your development process and you celebrate it.
- User & field research, hardware product journey mapping , pain point analysis.
- Excellent rapide visualization (sketch or other fast medium)
- Strong CAD ability (Fusion 360 or Solidworks is required) from ideation to production files.
- 2d & 3d Rendering (Keyshot)
- Usability testing
- Fluent with rapid prototyping.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication
- Experience with Jira and confluence is a plus.
- Attention to details, please write “I Love Parsley” in your motivation letter :)
- Fluent in English.
- Bachelors, Masters or equivalent Industrial Design degree (4-5 years).
- 5 years of relevant professional working experience in-house or in an agency.
- Experience to be demonstrated through a portfolio with in depth case studies.
- Position is based in Berlin.
What we offer:
- Flexible onsite or home office work with various sets of benefits.
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
Please send inquiries with your resume and portfolios (web or pdf, etc). Make sure to at least integrate a link to your portfolio in your CV or resume clearly visible. Applications with no portfolio will be disregarded. Do not share your portfolio with time limited services such as wetransfer.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.