SENIOR INTERACTION DESIGNER // Fatmap
Build the future of Outdoor Adventure with us!
At FATMAP we’re building the home for Outdoor Experiences. From mountains to deserts, oceans to forests and beyond – we want to make extraordinary places and their endless possibilities more accessible. By enabling more people to experience the wonders of our world we hope to help build greater respect for it, and in turn protect it. We believe this is not just a way to enjoy life, but also helps our relationships, local economies and ultimately the planet.
By enabling each of us to share our experiences and document the world’s adventures, we’re planning to create the definitive guidebook to the outdoors. And by building the best outdoor map, we’re making it much easier to plan and navigate safely and responsibly.
In your role as a Senior Interaction Designer at FATMAP your job will be to hands-on create the most relevant and engaging digital experience for people to go outdoors and live their adventure – from the moment they look for a place to go, to the moment they want to share their adventure story, and the entire journey in between.
In our highly energetic, fast-paced environment, you’ll have the luxury and the responsibility to truly drive and impact our company’s mission with your design work. You’ll be central to delivering true value to our consumers, with each weekly product release, across all product touch-points.
To make our FATMAP vision come true in our product experience, you will be working in our HQ in Berlin Kreuzberg, together with a group of passionate experts – designers, engineers, product and content people – and in close collaboration with the product leadership.
- A strong background in digital design, across all major platforms, mobile and desktop
- A proven track-record in lean, hands-on product development for B2C products
- An extraordinary portfolio, with focus on UX, concept and interaction design
- The passion and dedication to make things happen in a fast-paced environment
- … and it is always a plus, if you have a soft spot for outdoor adventure
- Embrace the company vision and translate it into a tangible, coherent product experience, in regular exchange with product leadership
- Drive and build a relevant, high quality user experience across mobile and desktop, doing hands-on UX, interaction and visual design
- Run design sprints in collaboration with product management, including User Testing and Design QA
- Brief, guide and collaborate with engineers to deliver a great product, on a weekly basis
- You are an exceptional digital designer, with your key strength being interaction design
- You are conceptually strong, distilling complex requirements into a relevant, unique user experience
- You always prioritise simplicity over complexity
- You are hands-on, and naturally drive for concrete, tangible results
- You have an eye for detail and care deeply about quality
- You set focus, and thrive in a fast-paced, result-driven environment
- You naturally give direction through your subject matter expertise
- You love to inspire with your work
- You comfortably navigate the complexity and dynamics of an early stage business
- You are an exceptional, engaging communicator, and you know what it means to debate and reason your designs on product and company leadership level
What we offer
- A senior, strategic and very impactful product design role
- A beautiful vision
- A great office environment in Kreuzberg, Berlin
- A fun crowd of experts who make things happen
- The opportunity to grow with a young company in an exciting space
- Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations
- Flexible working hours
- The technical tools (laptop, screens etc.) of your choice
- Unlimited reference materials (for both tech and adventure)
How to apply
If the above sounds like you, and you’re ready to join a team of ambitious adventurers, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a brief cover letter describing why you are a great fit for FATMAP, along with your portfolio and resume.