(Senior) Marketing Designer
Tandem is the leading global language learning community, where 10 million members in over 180 countries practice languages together. The concept of learning from each other is not only an integral part of the Tandem community but it is also at the heart of our everyday lives at Tandem. This shared connection through learning helps us to grow and enhances the language journeys of our members.
We are based in Berlin and are backed by top European investors. We are highly international and driven by a shared passion for languages, technology, and culture. Together, we are on a mission to build a product that not only teaches a new skill but also encourages meaningful cross-cultural conversations.
As Tandem’s Marketing Designer, you will be part of the marketing team consisting of four team members. Together with the team you will be responsible for identifying, conceptualizing, and providing strong visual designs for all external communication, as well as experiments and creating iterations for further experiments and testing.
Your role will be to:
- Produce app store creatives for the Google Play Store and the iOS App Store
- Produce static and motion creatives for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Google campaign and promotional assets for social and web, banners, and emails.
- Mock up ideas for key visuals/campaign visuals based of initial direction
- Work across marketing channels to develop creative ideas
- Contribute to the evolution of Tandem’s brand style guidelines and design systems alongside the rest of the design team.
- Work hand-in-hand with copywriters to write quality UI copy for new features and experiments.
- Stay up-to-date with cultural, design, and marketing trends, particularly those relating to language learning, mobile ads and ASO trends
- Learn fast and iterate fast.
You are the right fit for the role if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in design.
- Have 3+ years of experience in mobile and web design with a proven track record of impactful brand design and translating across all platforms (including Social, Content, Performance, ASO).
- Provide a standout portfolio that demonstrates strong visual design skills and outlines the design process from beginning to finish.
- Know Material Design, ASO and main Social Media Ads Guidelines by heart, have basic knowledge on Html and CSS and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Work quickly, efficiently, and accurately in all required aspects of Figma, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere and After Effects).
- Are familiar with agile environments with cross-functional team collaboration and iterative release cycles.
- Are passionate about languages and their role in building bridges between cultures.
- Are self-motivated, proactive, and comfortable working autonomously, yet still a keen, friendly team player.
- Have excellent written, communication, and presentation skills in English as well as brilliant stakeholder management skills.
- User testing experience – conducting and analysing
- Skills in Motion Design & knowledge of Animation
Passion for languages
We’re a team of 30 people speaking 20 languages fluently between us. For those wanting to improve their German (or Denglisch!), you can join one of our German classes on us. We also run regular Spanish, Russian, and German lunches!
Take a deep dive
As a Tandem team member, we’ll give you a budget for up to 6 “Deep Dive Days” per year. Pick a topic you’ve always wanted to explore for your professional development that has never made it out of your backlog. Then book a cabin in the woods or whatever matches your individual learning style.
Teams who train together, stay together
We offer Urban Sports Club gym memberships to boost our team’s physical and mental health. If you prefer, we can contribute to your monthly public transport ticket instead.
It takes a team to Tandem
Bonding with our teammates outside of our normal work routine is important to us. We organize regular team events: from day trips to weekly lunches, to Friday beers, summer BBQs, and board games.
Life isn’t just about work. We know when to snooze Slack notifications, recharge our batteries, and take time out for our personal hobbies. As we’re mostly working from home right now, it’s even more important to be able to switch off from work and relax.
As part of our family-friendly company philosophy, we embrace flexible working hours, welcome families to our events, and love for our kids to visit the office and get a taste of life at Tandem.
Relocation without the stress
If you’re looking to relocate to Berlin, we’re ready to assist you with the infamous German bureaucracy. Many of us have been through it before, so we have plenty of tips to share. You’ll feel settled in no time.
An office that sparks joy
Our open-plan working oasis is located in the heart of Berlin-Mitte. We offer a free choice of IT setup and whatever tech you require. As an added bonus, our kitchen is always fully stocked with free drinks, healthy snacks, and fresh fruit.