Senior Product Designer B2C (m/f/x)
THE ULTIMATE(.AI) OPPORTUNITY
Ultimate is the leading customer service automation platform. We help brands give great support experiences to every customer, instantly.
At Ultimate, we’re proving that support automation done right can help brands serve more customers, better. Brands use Ultimate to build their own virtual agent – their new favourite team member! – which works round the clock resolving customer requests, taking care of back office tasks and providing key insights and analytics.
Some of the best brands in the world already use and love Ultimate. We combine cutting-edge AI with beautiful, intuitive user interfaces and an ambitious, customer-first go-to-market model.
Shipping a product this good isn’t easy. That’s why Ultimate is built by some of the smartest people we know. This is an opportunity to join an unstoppable team of AI researchers, engineers, product people, marketers, sellers, conversational designers, and operators.
We’ve just raised a $20M Series A from global investors with deep pockets and we’re growing fast. Get in at the ground floor because we won’t be here for long.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We want to fundamentally change how people think of customer service and that is why we are now focusing on our own customer facing offering and for this we need a team of world-class talent. As our first Product Designer focusing on the B2C area and our very own Chat Widget (the first of many customer focused experiences) at ultimate.ai, you and your team will be an integral part in the execution of product vision from day one.
You will work closely with a team of engineers, product managers and fellow designers while engaging internal stakeholders and customers to define a long-term strategy. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to develop and translate high-level concepts into great experiences. A simple, clean and responsive user interface with a seamless user experience is your North Star.
You can test and iterate quickly with input from user research, your peers, topic experts or VP of Product but in the end you will own your work — the exploration, the validation and execution.
- Own a whole new B2C product – including a new customer support channel with a new take on chat widgets. Help create a modern and intuitive user experience that empowers customers to get the support they need..
- Work together with the design team to build a consistent UI and user experience across the whole customer journey using the design system you will help build.
- Validate your assumptions using qualitative and/or quantitative testing.
- Work closely with engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final product.
- Work closely with product, engineers and other team members in an agile environment.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer with the passion for intuitive and simple user experiences, crafted with pixel perfection and delightful details to take our product to the next level — the user comes first and you know it.
- 4+ years experience in designing and launching intuitive products from concept through validation to pixel-perfect delightful designs, preferably for B2C and/or B2B.
- You have a clear understanding of typography, hierarchy, interactions and visual design.
- You have a strong portfolio with samples of your work and design process.
- You are able to provide solutions through understanding human needs and motivations while also being mindful of the business requirements.
- You love to solve problems and to be challenged.
- You are knowledgeable, have a passion for, and are always up to date on design methodologies, UX/UI trends and relevant digital tools.
- You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions convincingly in English (as well as sharing knowledge and insights, explaining design rationales, etc.).
- You are a self-starter who can collaborate with fellow designers, engineers, PMs and other teams in the company.
- You have deep experience with design tools like Sketch, Figma and prototyping tools like Invision, Framer X, or similar.
- You have experience in conducting user tests of designs no matter the fidelity.
- You have experience in agile/SCRUM methodologies
Nice to haves:
- You have experience in designing and maintaining design systems.
- Experience in programming and ability to code simple prototypes is a plus.
- Any additional skills in illustration or icon design are welcomed.
- Warm-hearted, flexible, and solution-oriented culture with open feedback culture
- Flexible office-first and home-first working options
- Room to introduce and implement creative ideas and develop your talents with technical training and individualised continued education
- Lots of team events. Offline and Online.
- Work with highly-talented and ambitious colleagues from all over the world
- Work visa sponsorship and relocation assistance (where applicable)
Get in touch with a link to your portfolio together with your updated CV and we’ll get back to you.