Senior Product Designer
Location: Berlin or Munich
The role of a Senior Product Designer at Goodpatch is to bring cutting-edge ideas and designs to the table. With your amazing product design skills and your eye for useful and beautiful user interfaces, you will help our clients on the journey from quickly prototyping concepts to building whole new innovative products. As our clients vary from little startups to big corporations, you should be able to adjust to different work styles and environments in a heartbeat.
Next to client work, you also get the chance to play an active part in shaping not only your personal future within Goodpatch, but also the future of Goodpatch itself. Help us fill our vision with life and pick up various learning opportunities along the way.
What it needs to be a part of our team
- We are looking for a team member with some years of experience in product design on the clock, either having worked in an agency environment or leading an in-house design team in a corporate. Your drive and experience will not just inspire our clients but also help your future team to develop their skills and grow in their roles.
- As a multilingual team our daily office language is mostly English but due to some of our clients being German companies we also require fluent communication skills in German. Japanese language skills and experience with Japanese culture and work ethics are a huge plus as this helps us bridge the gap within joint projects with our team in Tokyo.
- As our team is steadily growing, you will use your experience to empower both the team and partners to be successful, to build up their creative confidence and to motivate them to learn new skills each day.
- As we currently work fully remote until it is safe to start daily office life again, it is required of you to actively involve yourself in our multidisciplinary teams to keep communication flowing and to work self-organised and efficient within the Goodpatch OS.
- When working with clients, both corporates and startups, you will not only support them to approach their challenges successfully, but you will also help them to establish a design- driven culture. You will take a leading role in building beautiful and meaningful UI not just for our clients but also the end users. You come equipped with senior-level experience of user centric product design and have successfully collaborated with several agile development teams. You are knowledgeable in brand design and illustration is a passion of yours.
- As we are not limited to a certain direction of screen design, you will establish user interfaces for native iOS, Android as well as web apps. Therefor, you should have the ability to create high-fidelity and pixel perfect designs as well as wireframes and clickable prototypes.
- Being able to master at least one digital design tool such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD etc. should be a given. Also being excited around recent developments in the product design field and a desire to share your knowledge with the team is highly appreciated.
- 2021 is all about Design Systems and it’s also at the core of our offering for some time. So according to your level of seniority we expect you to not only know how to create them but also how to scale and maintain those things of beauty over time.
- The world is moving, so should your designs. Static screens are a thing of the past so we need you to have a profound understanding of animation and micro-interactions.
- The times where design has to meet the standards of old white men are long gone. We not only need you to push for diversity in design with our clients but also have experience with designing for Accessibility and consult our clients towards that direction. You don’t have to be an expert but WCAG should not be an alien concept.
Let us know which of these boxes you can tick off and how you can help us bring our offerings to the next level.
At Goodpatch we offer
- A bright, spacious and cozy office space in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg or Munich center. During Covid times we help with a proper remote setup until life goes back to normal.
- Additional Budgets for Conferences, Training, Books, Gadgets, Public Transportation and Fitness.
- Monthly team dinners in Berlin and a lively and inspiring office culture with weekly team breakfasts & design review sessions. Those had to be adjusted to a digital set up for the time being, but will hopefully soon be back in place in real and in person.
- A MacBook and flexible working hours to ensure an adjustable work-life-balance.
- Opportunity for frequent exchanges and potential global projects in the future with our team in Japan. Possibility to visit our headquarter in Tokyo once travelling is allowed again.
- Working with a fun, talented and international team that aims to create a caring and respectful workplace.
- Room for personal growth and the opportunity to shape the company while enjoying an inclusive company culture with flat hierarchies.
We believe in multidisciplinary and diverse teams and are looking for people to help us grow our culture. Therefore we welcome and want to encourage people of all genders, ages, cultures and backgrounds to apply. Our Offices are barrier free and remote setups are welcome.