(Senior) Product Designer – Growth
Tandem is the leading global language learning community, where 10 million members in over 180 countries practice languages together. The concept of learning from each other is not only an integral part of the Tandem community but it is also at the heart of our everyday lives at Tandem. This shared connection through learning helps us to grow and enhances the language journeys of our members.
We are based in Berlin and are backed by top European investors. We are highly international and driven by a shared passion for languages, technology, and culture. Together, we are on a mission to build a product that not only teaches a new skill but also encourages meaningful cross-cultural conversations.
As Tandem’s (Senior) Product Designer – Growth, together with the growth team (product manager, as well as mobile, frontend and backend engineers), you will be responsible for identifying, conceptualizing, and designing our product growth experiments and features. You will work on projects that accelerate the number of members who benefit from the core value of the Tandem community as well as those aiming to further develop our subscription product.
Your role will be to:
- Design, run, and iterate on experiments and features with the product manager and the engineers on the team.
- Create and implement design concepts on conversion optimisation and revenue improvements for Tandem Pro, as well as broader retention strategies.
- Collaborate with developers on implementing designs and support them with final flows and assets.
- Work hand in hand with copywriters to build artful and innovative solutions to address specific project objectives.
- Collaborate with the design lead to incorporate the visual and brand identity into the product.
- Conduct user research and testing and synthesise results together with the growth team.
- Stay up-to-date with cultural, design, and business trends, particularly those relating to language learning and subscription models.
- Support the design lead by taking over parts of the management responsibilities within the design team.
- Learn fast and iterate fast.
You are the right fit for the role if you:
- Are highly passionate about languages and their role in building bridges between cultures.
- You bring a deep understanding of the motivators and deterrents that come into play when people are considering new digital products, especially communities and subscriptions.
- Have a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in design.
- Have 5+ years of experience in app product and web design.
- Provide a portfolio that shows experience in the end-to-end delivery of projects from ideation, to discovery to production.
- Know Material Design, iOS Human Interface Guidelines as well as web design principles by heart.
- Work quickly, efficiently, and accurately in all required aspects of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Care as much about the details as the big picture.
- Have previous experience in growth product design in particular.
- Are familiar with agile environments with cross-functional team collaboration and iterative release cycles.
- Have great attention to detail when it comes to engineering implementation, and can easily integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high-quality execution.
- Are self-motivated, proactive, and comfortable working autonomously, yet still a keen, friendly team player.
- Have excellent written, communication, and presentation skills in English as well as brilliant stakeholder management skills.
- Mid or high level skills in prototype building
- User testing experience – conducting and analysing
- Motion design skills (Adobe After Effects and Lottie)